Why is the Wii so pricey?

Jamin

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2008
Why is the Wii so pricey? I want to buy one I just feel like spendin' that kind of money! It is a smaller price than all the other systems, but still pricey!

wrong section. but uhh i think if you think the wii is pricey then you should be looking for a used xbox or playstation 2 on ebay =)

Umm...welcome and its not really pricey less then ps3 and xbox if you want a system get a ps2 or xbox like he said.:sick:

nobody is answering his/her question

I don't know the answer, but stop trying to make him/her look like an idiot

Its custom for the next gen systems to cost more money than previous consoles. Gamecube was pretty high for what it was, but honestly Wii is a good price. A price cut may come next year, but $250 is not a bad price to pay, and if you want more bang for your buck maybe buy a bundle. Comes with more games and extras, may leave you a little more satisfied.

No doubt you will probably see it go down after it starts to be available, and probably go down to $199 im guessing:lol:

wii maniac said:
No doubt you will probably see it go down after it starts to be available, and probably go down to $199 im guessing:lol:

of course that would be my luck :yikes:

They cost so much because they're selling out everywhere, therefore retailers don't sell the console alone, they sell it in bundles with games. So the price goes a lot higher, you'll be lucky finding just the console alone I think!

Last edited:
its pricey because nintendo wants to make a profit on their consoles so they overprice it for that.

Jamin said:
Why is the Wii so pricey? I want to buy one I just feel like spendin' that kind of money! It is a smaller price than all the other systems, but still pricey!
Pricey? You're just being cheap :lol: that's the starting price for most consoles 2-3 years after their debut.
Besides, supply and demand my friend, they console the demand while the demand is through the roof, I'm surprised they're not as much as a 360 or PS3.

i dont think this guys gonna be a usual memeber here haha. just got bashed on his first post haha

Back