Why leave it on?

Desi_Wii_G

Welcome to the Good Life
Aug 14, 2007
Wii Online Code
8914-3870-7184-8437
why leave the wii on stand by it just gets heated...

Well wii connect24 is the reason.. It can receive messages and updats when you are not there and is always connect to the internet.

I agree that it does get hot though... There was a thread about this a while back and some people had left theors on since launch (months).

Personally I worry that if i leave it on for too long it will overheat! SO I do turn if off every now and then!

WiiConnect24 is the standby mode for the Wii. Its left in this mode to receive notification of updates and messages by a pulsating blue glow. I usually turn off my Wii during the night and leave it on standby during the day.

It's supposed to on all the time, hence the 24 in WiiConnect24 (24 hours a day). Although at the moment, there's not a whole lot of activity, but in time, you could be missing out on a lot if you have it off.

Evolve82 said:
What about saving the world? Power consumption! lmao..

Ya true, but my life is with Nintendo. I only have limited free thought.

:worship: I shall leave Wiiconnect24 on 24\7 for Nintendo, ruler of the world.

Alsomost of the updates come at 3AM for me so I always leave it on at night.

.....:lol: i had my on since november on the first day it was launched.....:lol:...no problems yet

I'm all about conserving the life of this fine console and plan to have it for a very long time...call me old fashioned but after seeing how hot the poor thing got there is no way I'm leaving it on 24/7. You can easily find out about updates right here on this forum, and like somebody said above they only leave theirs on during the day...in case you get a message, this could fill the gap. Still though, it obviously makes the console work overtime. Guess it all comes down to how much you love your Wii!

Whats the point of that(qm)

Theres gonna be something new in 2011 (supersomethingorother) and the only consoles worth keeping is like the... NES. I still have the NES that my mum and dad won in a church raffle. My grandpa then got them elda II for christmas. It died this summer though. R.I.P. NES.

it being on standby uses little to no energy at all. so having it off isnt "saving the world"

mine never really gets to hot, but it always is warm. and mines always on standby unless the power goes out and when it comes back on. the system is off.

Back