Why MetaKnight (MK) is the most Broken Character in SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
the higher level people don't find him broken.

You're correct & OP is wrong.

The people who win IRL tournaments are people who actually treat brawl as a fighting game and PLAY2WIN. Technically Snake could always beat Metaknight (or any lightweight for that matter); he just has to be holding a grenade at ALL times so it's virtually impossible to approach. The ability to attack while shielding is probably the most broken thing in brawl period, and Snake can do that. What I'm trying to say is that if you think someone is using a 'cheap' tactic, just counter it with an equally cheap tactic. Nobody in Brawl is REALLY broken. lmao

All the 'high/top-tier" characters have their strengths over the rest of the cast (or other specific high/top characters, which puts them up there), but Brawl is one of the most balanced games out there when you compare it to real vs. fighting games where there truly are broken tourney banned characters. Even a lot of characters that aren't considered broken in other fighting games still have 0-death combos. Be happy you're into such a casual game as Brawl where just one simple mistake won't cost you the match.

BTW, if anyone really thinks Metaknight is broken, the smartest thing for them to do would be picking him in tournaments and beating everyone else with him, not complaining about it in the internets.

PLAY2WIN ;x
the 'metanoob iz brokn' thing has really gotten old.

Ahh Sovieto we meet again. Long time no talk!

You didn't think when I made my point like I asked you to. It's a simple concept but if you don't think, you can make it sound like anything you want. Think it through again: Let's assume there are one million brawlers out there. Eighty percent of them (800,000) feel that Meta knight is broken. If the character was NOT broken, people would not be complaining so much about that character. But these people have a right to complain, especially when the majority of their peers feel the same way! Why do they feel the same way? Because they have seen it with their own eyes, there is nothing to hide like the media likes to do to support their own agenda. So don't go on telling me "well when the majority of the people rule over something like a law or the majority of the people dislike a certain minotirty group, it's not always right!" In Brawl, it is a matter of opinion: no bias, nothing behind the scenes, just straigtforward. As long as the numbers are past 50% (meaning the majority of the players believe so) then that character is deemed broken--it is a given in the equation.

Here, if you're still confused you better read on:

Let's say that 90% of all Americans believe that soldiers walking into their home for (free) food and rest is wrong after being exposed to (this is theoretical, so yes, all 100%) it (ie experienced this). Is it considered right ? Why are they complaining? Should it be stopped? Is it logical to pass a law that will forbid this from happening? What you're saying is "even if 100% of the people believe that ice is cold, it doesn't necessarily mean that the ice is cold, as it is just a matter of opinion".

You read something, made quick judgements, and "stopped reading", when in reality you are the one completely dumbfounded.

Nope, I am not a crybaby, I have beaten many MKs because my skill level was far greater than theirs, even though Meta Knight requires little skill to master, in my opinion.

I also gave a logical response as to why 70% (wow!) of the people who "really matter" voted against banning their OWN mistake.
Sigh, thinking that if majority rules then what they believe in is correct is beyond an ignorant mindset. Whether you're talking about a video game character or the Earth being round and revolving around the Sun, thinking that what people "believe" is correct, not what is fact and can be proven, is a horrible way to go about life, you must be Catholic.

If he is easy to master then so be it, that makes him an easy to master character, not broken. That's probably where the difference between the higher level players and you come in place. The higher level players have mastered other characters, you, being less experienced, see MK and flip out because someone who has little experience or less than you can do good.

And are you saying MK is the higher level player's mistake??? Because I'm sure you didn't say the poll was by the video game designers, who's mistake it could only be.

I've been told SSBB is a far more complex game than Street Fighter 4 by many people (kekeke), so if this is true you should be able to find a counter to MK instead of wasting time posting on forums to rally opinions that accomplish nothing.

Be happy you're into such a casual game as Brawl where just one simple mistake won't cost you the match.
HHAhahahah, but everyone on this forum thinks it's the most complex fighting game around!!!

Last edited:
Sigh, thinking that if majority rules then what they believe in is correct is beyond an ignorant mindset. Whether you're talking about a video game character or the Earth being round and revolving around the Sun, thinking that what people "believe" is correct, not what is fact and can be proven, is a horrible way to go about life, you must be Catholic.

If he is easy to master then so be it, that makes him an easy to master character, not broken. That's probably where the difference between the higher level players and you come in place. The higher level players have mastered other characters, you, being less experienced, see MK and flip out because someone who has little experience or less than you can do good.

And are you saying MK is the higher level player's mistake??? Because I'm sure you didn't say the poll was by the video game designers, who's mistake it could only be.

I've been told SSBB is a far more complex game than Street Fighter 4 by many people (kekeke), so if this is true you should be able to find a counter to MK instead of wasting time posting on forums to rally opinions that accomplish nothing.

HHAhahahah, but everyone on this forum thinks it's the most complex fighting game around!!!

But since the majority thinks so it MUST be true <.<

I appreciate you checking back and replying with your thought.

Yet again you misunderstood. Perhaps its my own use of words, or your failure to accept something (where your mind has blocked any chance of accepting something as truth). The fact that you "stopped reading" then jumped to the end shows me that your arguments can only hold so much weight and that this amount is minimal.

Firstly, I'm not Catholic--your mindset in itself is the ignorant one here for making such faulty accusations, and also generalizing a certain group of people. Shows just how valid your own statements can really be with this sort of bias behind your mindset. I'm really glad you made that quick statement--simple, yet so revealing.

Secondly, I never stated a general rule that states "if more than 50% of the people believe something to be true, it IS true." Why? Because that's a bogus statement! I did, however, bring to light the more correct version of this statement.

Here it is again, and I'll use a different example to keep this flowing. Let's say there are 10 million Canadians. Eighty-five percent of all of these Canadians feel that the current law that allows patrol officers to use their driveways (again, this is theoretical, so yes, they all have driveways) at will (that is they can park there even just to have a bite to eat) is unacceptable and a complete burden and that it in fact only serves to harm people instead of helping them. These people came to this conclusion through first-hand experience. What purpose will be served when someone who wants to keep the policy tries to convince these people that this law is fine and that people are just complaining because they want their driveways to themselves at all times. Would it make sense to override this law? If the people do not like it (and since it is a policy that aims to help the people and not a national security concern), does it make sense to keep the law? Or should something more be done to get rid of this nuisance? Since it is a matter of opinion by the people and has surpassed the 50% mark, they should not be subject to the law that was once said will be "accepted by the common people". This is considered A NUISANCE in this society and should be dealt with to suit the people's interests--get rid of the law. Sure, that means no more patrol officers eating doughnuts in your driveway, but you gave the 8.5 million citizens justice. Do you see how this opinion holds more weight than "This food is hot"? It deals with people and real life. Imagine if a mother told you this: "My baby boy only THINKS the water is boiling hot, that's his opinion, so I'm going to continue bathing him with this water that most babies don't feel is hot, even though my son feels it is burning". But the kid believes that the water is hot! So why continue to pour the water on him? Does it make sense? A sensible person would say absolutely not.

Thus, in this case of SSBB where a character is deemed "unfair, unrealistic, overpowered in all aspects, etc." by the MAJORITY of the people, that character should be treated like so, because the opinion in this case matters as experience is the lead factor here, not numbers.

Also, my passage's MAIN goal is to make a very clear point: Meta Knight is broken. I want people to realize this. He has advantages no other characters have and an unrealistic combination of "stats" that make him the least beatable and most unrealistic character--and by far.

Last edited:
I read the entire post, perhaps saying [I came back out of temptation, and wow, it just gets worse. Your closing statement completely contradicts your opening, the stats said 70% said he wasn't broken.] mislead you, but saying "it gets worse" would imply that I continued on.

Video games aren't a democracy, it is still hard to compare a law to a balanced video game character. But my statement about the Earth being round.. let me put it in the same context of a law. Okay, so there is a law, that the Earth is round, and anyone saying otherwise is a moron (of course, this wouldn't be a law). Well, most of Canada disagrees, say, 85%. So they want to get this law changed and since were in a democracy situation it IS changed, and the law now states that the Earth is flat. Now because 85% of the people said it was so (which is over 50%) does that make the law just?

Your second situation is barely in context.

Let me show you someone else say it (towards the end of the video), so maybe you won't just think it is me! It actually applies to this situation a lot!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1KQw5D2Vos&feature=channel_page[/ame]

I read the entire post, perhaps saying [I came back out of temptation, and wow, it just gets worse. Your closing statement completely contradicts your opening, the stats said 70% said he wasn't broken.] mislead you, but saying "it gets worse" would imply that I continued on.

Video games aren't a democracy, it is still hard to compare a law to a balanced video game character. But my statement about the Earth being round.. let me put it in the same context of a law. Okay, so there is a law, that the Earth is round, and anyone saying otherwise is a moron (of course, this wouldn't be a law). Well, most of Canada disagrees, say, 85%. So they want to get this law changed and since were in a democracy situation it IS changed, and the law now states that the Earth is flat. Now because 85% of the people said it was so (which is over 50%) does that make the law just?

Your second situation is barely in context.

Let me show you someone else say it (towards the end of the video), so maybe you won't just think it is me! It actually applies to this situation a lot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1KQw5D2Vos&feature=channel_page

I appreciate your response!

Still, for the last time, I am not making the statement that when over 50% of the people agree on something, it is automatically deemed true. Because these people are basing their agreement on OPINION, NOT fact. I keep throwing examples where when the "majority rules" in an opinion case, it is best to go by that ruling. Otherwise, why would over half the people be complaining? It would only make sense to make the change that is necessary, that is, canceling out a "statute" or "law" that actually proved a nuisance and inconvenience rather than the expected opposite. When you are dealing with facts--and I am in no way afraid to admit this--no matter how much of a population believes something to be true, it may still be false! I completely agree with you on this rational thought process. What you fail to realize is the context in which I am providing my argument, a rather simple one when read properly (I suppose if I were to say this statement in person we would have came to a conclusion/settlement by now on this issue, unfortunately, the internet has little to no expression). If a character is broken--he or she is broken, and you only need 50% of ALL players to attest to this fact to have it automatically deemed true. Imagine if 9 out of 10 of your friends who play SSBB (and you have a thousand friends lets say) believe that Meta Knight is unrealistic, overpowered, simply broken. One friend (our of every ten) out of the crowd feels otherwise. Why are all 900 of your friends complaining/feeling this way? They aren't crazy or bias, they have seen with their own eyes what this character can do. And since the number surpasses half of all players, and therefore is the majority, the character can be considered "broken" and "unacceptable".

Considering there is no proof that +50% of the players think that he is OP.. and I doubt you could get every person who owns Brawl to vote, using that as backup has no substance. Still, if you did a sample of 200 players, you must consider who those players are. What if they are inexperienced players who think MK is OP, do they have a valid opinion over a pro in tournaments who would obviously know more? Talking on behalf of +50% of the Brawl population is a bit much to use as "this character is OP" backup.

Well actually sovieto, in a poll taken at Smashboards, the central hub for smash players, over 65% say that MK is OP. But who do I care, this game sucks huge veiny donkey cock

Considering there is no proof that +50% of the players think that he is OP.. and I doubt you could get every person who owns Brawl to vote, using that as backup has no substance. Still, if you did a sample of 200 players, you must consider who those players are. What if they are inexperienced players who think MK is OP, do they have a valid opinion over a pro in tournaments who would obviously know more? Talking on behalf of +50% of the Brawl population is a bit much to use as "this character is OP" backup.

I was simply making a point. I don't believe I ever said that over 50% of the Brawl population believes that Meta Knight is broken--this thread is going out especially to those who don't feel that he is. Despite being much more than likely that over half of all Brawlers believe that he is "overpowered" as you called it, my claim isn't that it is the case. My point is that in certain cases, where "seeing is believing", opinions count and therefore if over 50% agree on one thing, that thing should be dealt with and taken care of so the majority will have the most convenience.

no hes not. when gamers say a character/ability/weapon is broken, we mean that its unbeatable when use correctly.

what your saying is a skilled meta is unbeatable. when yet even the most skilled metas in the world have lost.

if meta is broken, then how can he be beat when used by the best?

meta is overpowered but nowhere near broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back