Why wii've already won

To say that the Wii revolutionized and introduced somthing different to the gaming world is just plain ignorance. There are hundreds of previous examples of getting interactive with games, and they require only quarters compared to hundreds of dollars. Wii simply put it in our homes.

The Wii is a inivative system, however, you cannot say "Wii've Already won", simply because the Wii is in a class of its own. It is not competing with any of the other systems out there. Nex-gen wars right now have only two competitors and sorry to say the Wii is not one of them. I love my Wii, but its not nex-gen.

Nex-gen, IMHO, is takin gaming to a new level on every avenue, not just controls. It consists of bigger games, Graphics, Sound, HD, Controls, ability to learn and adapt to future apps, etc. The Wii delivers a fun and interactive gaming console, but not a Nex-Gen gaming system.

We all love the control features, but when we become honest with ourselves, we understand that is really the only new thing about this system. It does not deliver a more powerful system, is does not bring games on a new better format, it does not deliver where the world is going in HD. It does get more people involved, but so does "family game night", and Monopoly is not Nex-Gen either.

I am not trying to beat down or praise any system in particular, but I just hate it when Wii Fanboys consider this system Nex-gen, when it simply does not have the features we come to define Nex-gen as. The Wii is fun for all and phyiscally interactive, but besides for its controls it offers nothing new.

So Wii've have not won, but we have somthing no other console competitor out there has, and thats good enough for me.

The Wii is a hard system to grade, some times it seems if Nintendo wants to make great games but then other times I feel as if they rush things just to have games on the system, Sonic, Mario vs Sonic, Prince of Persia, Red Steel, Resident Evil UC.
Other times games like Mario Strikers, Pokemon, Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, metriod, Zelda dont feel rushed it feels like they worked on the games alot before releasing them.

Nintendo said the video game market was shrinking year on year (2002-2006). Hard core gamers became far more common. So when Nintendo launched the Wii they literally revived the market. To the point where they are now estimated to pull in $8 billion this year! That means they surpass EA which has been #1 on the top 20 developers list for the past 7 years(EA pulls in over $1 billion per year)! They surpass EA by at least $6 billion.

A new market of consumers are drowning out the old hard core fan boys who never left the video games, they feel threatended. The result is a ton of fanboy threads. It's a fact the industry will go through massive changes this year and the next.

Although I do agree that there is no way the wii will ever compete to the 360 or PS3 graphics wise, I think people have been to quick to judge on the wii's graphical capabilities. I mean think about it, most games out now have either been rushed out, or are ports of other systems because 3rd party companies don't take the time to completely design a game for the wii. They can't port it from another next gen console cause the wii can't handle it, and they don't have time to make a graphics engine for the wii alone and incorporate the wii controls into it. So instead they port from a previous gen console and use the time they have to incorporate wii controls. I'm no game designer, I could very well be wrong, but that's how I take it right now. Game designers are not used to the wii so they use their time with the controls instead of graphics. I say give it another year, then one can properly judge the wii's capabilities.

If I want good graphics and great online play, instead of dishing out 750$ for a PS3 I'll dish it out for a video card. I want unique gameplay and unique games out of a console, and right now, the PS3 or the 360 cannot offer me something that my pc can't

my 2 cents

Last edited:
Back