Why?

monkeyinaspasm

Zelda's Hero
Feb 11, 2007
Sowerby Bridge, Yorkshire, UK
Wii Online Code
8438-2317-9723-9775
I dont understand why anyone would use the virtual console, because you can download roms off the internet for free. And you dont have to pay for a silly wired controller that you plug into the wiimote.

Im not trying to slag off the wii, cos i love them, but i just thought i would point it out.

Thoughts anybody?

monkeyinaspasm said:
I dont understand why anyone would use the virtual console, because you can download roms off the internet for free. And you dont have to pay for a silly wired controller that you plug into the wiimote.

Im not trying to slag off the wii, cos i love them, but i just thought i would point it out.

Thoughts anybody?
Maybe people (like me for example) don't like playing games on a PC. Ever think of that?

I also thought of this also... but I still feel compelled to download some of my favorite games. I haven't yet because I don't want to spend the extra money when I just spent $300+ on a Wii and extra wiimote... but I'm sure I wll eventually!

No kidding, most people's couches are more comfortable than their computer chairs...

Plus, convenience is worth something too...I have an NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS2, and Dreamcast...it's not practical to keep these all hooked up at the same time and being able to select a channel rather than swap cartridges is nice...

While personally I have no moral objection to someone playing a ROM of a game they own (although it is still illegal) or even of a game that is no longer reasonably available, I prefer to keep myself as honest as possible.

I don't have to pay for Super Mario World if I don't want to, but I will for the added convenience and lesser load on my conscience...

Well lets see. 1) Legal reasons 2) knowledge reasons (most people don't know about or how to use emulators, how to find roms etc) 3) Convenience

Hey if you dont wanna pay for Wii points or a classic controller do what what alot of us do on this site. Go to gaminglagoon. They give that stuff away for free. Also some of us don't have powerful enough computers to play N64 roms.[My computer is a Win98SE with no internet connection..... We have a family computer but were not allowed to download stuff on it.

Major Tom said:
Hey if you dont wanna pay for Wii points or a classic controller do what what alot of us do on this site. Go to gaminglagoon. They give that stuff away for free. Also some of us don't have powerful enough computers to play N64 roms.[My computer is a Win98SE with no internet connection..... We have a family computer but were not allowed to download stuff on it.

There is still no perfect N64 emulator either...UltraHLE came close on a handful of games (I got all 120 stars in Mario 64 on it) but even that required a Voodoo graphics card and only worked well on about half a dozen games...

That said, UltraHLE will give you full speed emulation on a Pentium 2 450 or better provided you have at least a Voodoo 2 card...

hiredgoonz said:
There is still no perfect N64 emulator either...UltraHLE came close on a handful of games (I got all 120 stars in Mario 64 on it) but even that required a Voodoo graphics card and only worked well on about half a dozen games...

That said, UltraHLE will give you full speed emulation on a Pentium 2 450 or better provided you have at least a Voodoo 2 card...

I once downloaded Project64 in school and worked really well, I didn't see any problems in that emulator and I played games I didn't get to play in the past like Jet Force Gemini

yeah, there also need to be a new Jet Force Gemini for Wii..Rare really needs to get back with Nintendo; time for reconciliation Rare! with Microsoft you're not doing so well...I mean imagine a Banjo+Kazooie, a Jet Force Gemini, Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Conker's Bad Fur Day for the Wii, wouldn't that be awesome?

Major Tom said:
I dont live in the us im in the uk

The thing I hate about the virtual console games is that they are bound to the original owners wii. This means you cannot sell them or trade them when your finished.
It would have been better to have VC games on a disc that was copyright protected just like the regular wii/gamecube games.
It must suck for people wanting VC games but have no internet access.

Back