Why?

I have roms of all the games I own on the SNES, and NES. I have to blow into my NES, and my SNES controller's shoulder buttons are dead. However that won't stop me from buying some VC games. It's a much better experience playing some $5 games on a game controller than a key board. For me I'm doing this only for the games I'd rather play on my TV with a game controller, and the games I never bought when I was a kid, like Kid Icarus. Which years later will be a lot of games. If they make this online multiplayer later, it'll be priceless.

First there are the legal issues, I have a job, I don't mind paying $5-$10 for a game.

Convenience, with virtual console, I now have a Wii, GameCube, NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, and a Turbografx in 1 box that I can easily pack up and take with me a lot easier than I can my computer. Plus one controller (classic controller) successfully controls all these games, GameCube controller for some N64 and obviously GC games, instead of trying to find seperate NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64 controllers that are pc compatible or their USB adapters.

Helping support VC isn't necessarily bad either, the more people buy, the more the execs will see it's a success, and in return the more the customer will see is available.

I don't know why. I just.. do. Because they run in proper widescreen on my TV, I guess.

Note: my computer is hooked up to my TV as well. But the games I really want to play are usually either: jumpy/glitchy, or don't go fullscreen properly and I have to play them in a 320*240 little box on my 32" screen :|

I guess I just sort of feel like I owe it to Nintendo. I never bought a GameCube, and I have.. well, practically every ROM for every Nintendo system before the GameCube. Oh, and also several GameCube roms, but none of them go over 6FPS.. so.. yeah.

Back