Wii Controller will not connect, blue lights stay on solid

Priddle

WiiChat Member
Feb 19, 2012
Canada
Hi

First time poster. I have a Wii controller I bought from eBay (2 in fact). One still works but the other has stopped working. My inlaws were using that one and are heavy Wii users. The other day they were playing it and the controller lost connection as prompted by the Wii console. They tried resyncing, reconnecting, new batteries etc but no matter what the 4 blue lights stay on. When you put in batteries, 1-2 seconds after the lights come on and stay on. I tried all of the above myself to no avail. I unplugged the console but it didn't help. The controller that came with the console still works.

I bought it home with me to try on my Wii but still experiences the same problems. I can only conclude it is toast.

I Googled the problem to death and searched this forum the best I could but I have a hard time just trying to find a similar problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I've been reading 'bout quite a few Wiimote problems as of late...

Sorry to say I don't have any particular advice, but when in doubt, call Nintendo themselves. Go to the bottom of this page and grab their phone number to talk to someone who really knows their stuff. Best of luck getting this problem sorted out.

dont buy stuff from ebay they like lie and stuff and when you buy it its messed up :yesnod:

lolno

eBay obviously has the risk of getting ripped off, but that's only when you buy something without reading it's description/seller information VERY carefully. People complain 'bout Amazon, eBay, etc. because they were careless and let themselves get ripped off.

Point being, no one should be afraid of being jew'd out of cash on such sites for unofficial buying and selling.

EDIT: VVV Don'tchu tell me to be on topic son. :lol: While my response wasn't pertaining to said topic, it was valid in that someone claimed eBay's risks were the cause of the Wiimote's malfunction.

Last edited:
ive had my fair share of wii mote problems and luckily the strength of nintendo always avails - (i think thats the word). so my advice, let it rest and hopefully it will work again, however if ur experiencing days on end of no connection i think ya better send it in to nintendo. if u can. ive never had to do so. and try to stay on topic freak

Back