Wii DvD playback?

wezeles said:
A good majority of my downloads are 720/1080 HD content with surround sound, you just have to know what to buy and where to look, its not a huge indusrty yet but its growing faster than HDDVD.
Are you talking about downloading from the internet, or via a cable/satellite set-top box type of service? If from the internet, are we talking above-board or, shall we say, gray-market sources?

AppleTV seems to be getting a lot of aspects right, but it's expensive. They're offering 5.1 surround now, but their high-def is only 720p.

My cable service offers HD on-demand service, although its not great selection yet its pretty decent library. All in atleast 720p and 5.1

Aswell as LEGAL sites such as www.Cinemanow.com downloaded into Windows Media Center and transfered to my television. They are all 720p 5.1 for the HD movie selection, aswell as standard DVD quality for everything else.

Also look at the 360 it has on-demand video downloads in HD/SD movies.

At first this on-demand service was an outlet to push a cheeper version for the same price or more for the convience. Like with on-demand rental movies, Now that they have seen the bigger bucks are with the "videophiles" who want great quality, they are starting to improve the services and more companys are jumping on the bandwagon of Great content at a better price then physical media.

And at the end of the day if people really wanted too they can easily burn this content onto a DVD at there own cost, a cost the publisher doesn't have to pay for this format. No overhead "dvd buring facility,packaging" means less initial investment and more overall profit for the company.

Last edited:
Back