wii freezes a LOT!!!

babedieboe

WiiChat Member
Dec 23, 2006
I'm dutch, have the wii for over a week now and
just swapped my wii for another one at the nintendo-
office in holland, because mine was broken (didnt read any disc anymore).

now i have a new one, and it comes to my attention that
the wii freezes a LOT!
Sometimes in a game (sports or so), but almost ALL the time
when i go to the mii plaza !!!

any thoughts or just wait for the new update (i have the newest....)????

thx!

Mine one has never hung on me apart from using the new Opera beta(I managed to create a page with a 1mb XML download on my intranet and it hangs)

I have only had a couple times that it froze as I was leaving the Mii Channel but that's about it....all you have todo is hit the reset button...

I've had the Wii freeze when using the Opera browser 3 times now. Once while I was checking my gmail, a second time when I was about to play a flash game, and the most recent time just while opening the browser. All times the reset button hasn't worked, and I've had to hold down the power button instead. But eh, it's only a minor inconvenience.

.......and i'm not talking normal freezes:
all buttons dont respond: i need to pull out the powercable!

anybody here with a pointer to this?
i have this since yesterday (and after opera-install, but i see no relation to that, since i dont use it.......)?

You got a bad Wii is the problem, someone on here has had to send in 3 defected Wii's until he got the perfect one. :sick: Just go back to the store and get a new one, you Wii is DEFINITELY defective.

babedieboe said:
I'm dutch, have the wii for over a week now and
just swapped my wii for another one at the nintendo-
office in holland, because mine was broken (didnt read any disc anymore).

now i have a new one, and it comes to my attention that
the wii freezes a LOT!
Sometimes in a game (sports or so), but almost ALL the time
when i go to the mii plaza !!!

any thoughts or just wait for the new update (i have the newest....)????

thx!

you should return it. looks like it doesnt work either.

Yea, return it for another. Mine has never frozen, maybe one or two slow load times, but nothing more. Sorry to hear about your problem.

My wii froze once while playing Zelda had to pull the plug on that occassion, but only the once in over a week, I'd agree with the guys above return it I mean it does sound faulty after all.

:idea: wassup yall i am getting the wii for christmas i am african american:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

thx guys for your answers: i'll return this one as well then :(

@coolg35748: they just give you a new one

Back