wii freezes a LOT!!!

Kepa said:
I've had the Wii freeze when using the Opera browser 3 times now. Once while I was checking my gmail, a second time when I was about to play a flash game, and the most recent time just while opening the browser. All times the reset button hasn't worked, and I've had to hold down the power button instead. But eh, it's only a minor inconvenience.

and yes of course your Wii will freeze up on the internet and lock up to where you can't even reset it...there is no optioon but to turn power off and let sit for a minute and power back up...

reason: Wii's current browser functionality doesn't support much of anything at the moment but simple browsing...

My Wii only froze when i played Call of Duty 3 and i'd try to goto the menu.. it'd just lock up.. but that's the only game that happen to out of the.. 5 Wii games i've played on it

A Wii should only freeze every so often. Not every time you play, not every day, not even once a week. It should be a rare occurence.

When I say they should freeze I'm not saying it's intentional or anything just saying it's to be expected and sense it's rare you can live with it. Like a computer.

Mine froze going in and out of the Mii channel and sometimes the Wii shop channel.

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/5589-freezing-between-wii-channel-switching.html

I called Nintendo service and they offered an exchange by next day shipping, but I declined due to the serial number of the replacement unit not matching my receipt with the extended warranty.

I ended up returning it.

BTW, I picked up Zelda Twilight Princess for GameCube and have logged 33+ hours so far. 3/4 twilight mirrors.

Last edited:
babedieboe said:
.......and i'm not talking normal freezes:
all buttons dont respond: i need to pull out the powercable!

anybody here with a pointer to this?
i have this since yesterday (and after opera-install, but i see no relation to that, since i dont use it.......)?

Understood, but forcing a cold boot (holding the power button until the system shuts off completely) should still work. It's happened twice to my system, and a few other times it happened and recovered on it's own within a matter of seconds. And honestly, with the new interface, you'd be better off waiting for new updates trying to accept the minor inconveniences, it's unfortunate these are coming from Nintendo, but it should have been expected with an upgradeable type of interface.

just one more question then:
since my wii freezes a lot: is this caused by hardware or software?
i ask this, since i havent tried a memory-format yet.........

thx group!

i haven't had a problem either,plus i have the warranty on the wii,plus a store warranty and then i went to nintendo,registered it and got more months on it.So if something does happen iam ready.:yesnod:

i know i have the warranty, but you guys think this will solve itself
with automatic upates or clearing my memory?

SiSiBaby12 said:
:idea: wassup yall i am getting the wii for christmas i am african american:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
liar! african americans don't play video games. they play basketball or football.

Back