Wii in Australia thread

$320 is still very expensive for a graphics boost.

In relation to wii!! It appears that the Wiiware service is outclassing the Xbox Live Arcade behind the doors. w00t for w00tness, im getting excited about this!

Wiiware is released on the 23 March I believe in Japan and on the 12 May in the US. No details have been released for EU and AU regions, no surprises there!

I think im going to get a PS3, It has quite a few games i wouldn't mind playing such as
COD4
Heavenly Sword
Uncharted
Orange Box
Socom Confrontation (When Released)
GT4
GTA 4

There are plenty

cannon said:
I think im going to get a PS3, It has quite a few games i wouldn't mind playing such as
COD4
Heavenly Sword
Uncharted
Orange Box
GT4
GTA 4

There are plenty
I guess the PS3 is for you. The only ones that interest me on that list are COD4 and Orange Box, of which I own both on the 360. But the Orange Box does have a noticeably better frame rate on the 360 compared to the PS3. Anyhoo, back to Bioshock!

cannon said:
COD4
Heavenly Sword
Uncharted
Orange Box
GT4
GTA 4

There are plenty
Xbox 360 has all of these except Heavenly Sword.
And maybe GT4 and Socom, as I don't know about 'em
Heavenly Sword is apparently not that good anyway, except the graphics.
You know I just want you to get a 360 so Oceanic, Brendo and I can vs you

I just bought Excite Truck. For no reason. It better not suck.
Apparently I should be getting my Freeloader next week! Meaning my second one will come a week after my first, meaning... I'LL HAVE TWO!
If my Wii ends up having dirty lens, I'll cry

Next interesting post can have some rep. Hooray!

Last edited:
It is true...The Orange Box was stuffed up on the PS3. No matter what anyone says, I think it was EA who made the port so thank them for that. Also...Why are people getting CoD4 or the orange box, when you can perfectly well get them on the computer and for half the price!

I don't know how the hell anyone could possibly play Portal with an analog stick.

EDIT: I guess that me!? If I could, I would get all the consoles!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gpoleweski again.

People buy games on consoles when their computer sucks hardcore, much like mine.

Edit: I don't know how people can't play Portal with analouge sticks. But there are people who are so used to computer controls, they just can't do it on a console. So maybe its just what your used to?

But it just doesn't turn fast enough, in some of the stages. You have to shoot through a wall and be ready to shoot downwards in order to get through a forcefield thing. Even if I'm not used to it...It doesn't seem fast enough to do it.

I'll rep you instead...And I shall laugh if you're not able to play SSBB because of the lens inside the wii or whatever.

EVIL!

gpoleweski said:
But it just doesn't turn fast enough, in some of the stages. You have to shoot through a wall and be ready to shoot downwards in order to get through a forcefield thing. Even if I'm not used to it...It doesn't seem fast enough to do it.

I'll rep you instead...And I shall laugh if you're not able to play SSBB because of the lens inside the wii or whatever.

EVIL!
I don't think you can rep me, my second most recent rep was 'I love you lol-gpoleweski'
I think that its fast enough on the consoles, but I do agree that FPS are much better on computer. My computer can only JUST handle Battlefield 2 though

If my Wii lens is stuff'd, I will sell my Wii. Truly. NO WAIT, THEN I HAVE NO VC GAMES!
Cruel, cruel fate

I cant use a keyboard and mouse for FPS, it turns TOO FAST imo. I finished portal and I was able to shoot and turn fast enough no problems with the analogue stick. Now rep me! HA

Why oh why cant I sign onto msn! damn you error code 81000306

I dont want to get a 360 because its been out for a few years already, So knowing my luck as soon as i buy it they will announce a new console.

Hehe, yeah, that's the fear I have with getting anything expensive these days.

Also...I heard that blu-ray discs are really ****, in a sense that they start to stuff up after about a year or so...I'm not sure if it's the same deal with the games...but if it were...people would be complaining right now....It's something to do with the materials it's made from. As when they released blu-ray, it wasn't ready. So now they might have to pay the price...or we do...Hopefully they can fix this problem.

Back