Wii in Standby Mode?

rgn929

WiiChat Member
Jan 15, 2007
Just wondering if it is normal for the wii to be quite hot when it is in standby mode? I was just messing around with mine and it has nt been on in 24 hours but it is still really hot. Also is it cool to leave discs in it when in standby mode? Thanks I looked around for this info but couldn't find any answers would be great.

by the orange/yellow light. It means that Wii is connect to wiiconnect24 but not actually on. it maintains a wireless connection

Citnarf said:
Whats standby mode? How do i tell if my Wii is in standby or not?
Standby mode is a setting to be connected to the internet all the time even when your not using the wii

seriously some of u guys need to read a bit more and learn to use the search button.

If you doin't have the wii connected to the net, thewre's no point in leaving it in stand by. It's normal for a Stand By Wii to get hot because the fan is off. I have mine connected to the net, but I don't leave it always in stand by. I shut it down everynight and when I'm going to play, I turn it on and check for updates. I think that in the future we will get more use out of the wiiconnect24 and the stand by, but for the moment not much.

cannon said:
seriously some of u guys need to read a bit more and learn to use the search button.
I know. READ THE MANUAL PEOPLE! Geeesh :frown2:

Back