Wii may not be as successful as you think.

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Well, these past few months, I'd look in Target or Walmart, and look at the PS3 and Wii section. WalMart has only 60 Gigs now of PS3, no more of the others, and no wiis. For months.

Target has had a full case of PS3, and never a Wii in sight.

I origionally thought it's because people just don't want PS3, and are buying up the wii.

Well, yesterday I was in Target, and I learned that one of my friends works the electronics department. I was like, "Cool." So, they just got some new digital cameras in, and it's his job to play with them so he can learn about them if people ask. And he was showing me some cameras (I think Samsung has a camera, 7.1 Megapixl, 2.5" screen, and a 30 FPS movie mode, and a plain old GOOD camera for only $130! Beats the snozz outta my Cannon Powershot A520 that I spent $200 a year and a half ago! Boy was I mad.) and then I asked, "Y'all ever get any Wiis? (I live in the south, though I'm about one of the only people who talk Southern. Makes me sad we're losing our culture to MTV and BET. I knew ye well) And he said, "Nope. I havn't seen a wii in here in a while."

Here, in Louisiana, I guess Nintendo said, "Hey, them hicks don't know how electronics work. I guess we're done sending consoles over there."

So it may not be because the Wii is the hottest thing on the shelf right now (NOTE: RIGHT NOW), but because Nintendo just doesn't know your city exists or something.

Just some food for though. Nintendo might send your city Wiis every week or so xD

Mmm yep. Actually the Wii Consoles (REAL plural) are sent to your capital city and distributed on the importer's choice by demand. Nintendo has already beat their profit limit ... so chances are they're not sending enough to your capital for the major retailers to distribute it to your city. I also work in a department store and we get Wii Consoles every month or so. It doesn't last us the month... at most about 3 days. ='[ I don't mind though. I got my Wii with 10% discount. =D

Ha ha, good thing I live in the second largest city in Michigan. :thumbsup: and luckily you still got one Trulen

Brawny said:
Ha ha, good thing I live in the second largest city in Michigan. :thumbsup: and luckily you still got one Trulen

I also forgot to mention I live in the capital city and there's no other cities until the next state (besides nomadic tribes and stuff) so all stock we receive is usually boosted (higher than other states) and we get first prefference over here. But we miss out on Wi-Fi nights and stuff. ='[ Doesn't matter to me, though... I'm going to host my own Wi-Fi nights and stuff once I have all the neccessary equipment. I was thinking of getting a really powerful connection sponsored from my ISP and linking us up with the rest of Australia then connecting a Wi-Fi tower to this amazing connection. That way whenever there's a Wi-Fi night in the rest of Australia, us Territorians can enjoy the fun too without worrying about ping. ^.^

Weird. I live in Ohio & the stores here get new Wii's every week. Although they're sold out within 10 minutes of getting them still.....

In Australia, it took Tweed Heads MONTHS to restock the Wii. They thought they were so special "WII HAS RETURNED" signs were plasted over the walls of the shop.

well i live in murray kentucky which is not very big at all and our wal mart gets 6 wiis every 3 weeks or so and they always sell out the day the come in... they always have 4 PS3 60 gigs in stock but i asked and those have been the same 4 for the last 2 months so its not selling at all here... but i think it all depends on where you live how well the PS3 sells but saying that i think the wii sells fast almost everywhere

I also live in the south, very very south. While I haven't been on the lookout for Wiis lately, I know that demand is still high. Although supply hasn't been great, Wiis are still trickling in. (It probably helps that I live near the metro area).

On a monthly basis, each Target gets roughly 20-50, BBs 60-100, and CCs and Walmart about 50. (in a city of 50,000). Doesn't look very good when compared to the +thousands that Nintendo World gets in New York, but what do I care, I've gots me my Wii.

Last edited:
Every EB Games you go to in Australia thinks they are so special when they get Wiis. They have massive WII HAS RETURNED signs for about 2 days and then they sell out.

I live in Vancouver and i know people who havent even heard a place had them in months, i dunno if i fully agree with your theory, if your city is that small, most likely you should be looking elsewhere for your Wii.

I live in miami, and before I got my wii, I visited the stores every week. Best buy, target, wallmart, eb games and gamestop. I missed the wii by minutes sometimes, but it usually came every two weeks. to every store. I got mine the 6th week of searching.

huh?

Thread: Wii may not be as successful as you think??

How do you figure that one out?

You say that your mates store hardley ever have Wii's, but full stock of PS3.

Use your brain, that tells me the exact opposite, they ARE selling as their out of stock.

Duno how many we get but i live in a small town in scotland but we have Wii's in stock for the past week or so now, huge stickers are up in the windows at game.

i dont think Nintendo has stopped sending them trulen. its that nintendo have had some shortages of wiis, becuase to many people want one. its getting harder for them to send wiis in regularly. they send like 150 every two months or something like that, to every area.

Back