wii mote troubbles

1liter

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2006
Ok anyone have any idea how to get my wii remote balanced tottally?

I have a problem with the pointer not being steady and completly floating all over the screen when im completly stationary. I have troubble shot every possable cenerio given by the nintendo guide and i cant get it to be steady for the life of me.

Also it always floats way to the left so i have to hold my hand at an "un-natural angle to keep it center. It also floats to far up so as i have to hold my hand not only at an un-natural angle to the left but down as well.

Does it for games and the menu...imagin trying to make a mii but the pointer floats to every wrong option to the left or up no matter what, any tips on whats to be done about this?

Its not light sensitivity...dosent matter where i posistion myself or the sencor bar and all the "troubble shooting tips" on the site havent worked

*not to mention it does it with every remote i have ever had* 3 of them

sensor bar has to be on the top or bottom with no direct light. make sure thers no toher wii motes on. change batteries. re sync them I DONT WANT A LARGE FARVA. does that look like spit to you?

Yeah, sounds like the sensor bar is just bad. Stupid question but I guess some people do overlook the basic things, so just in case: Is the sensor bar aligned with the very center of the tv screen? Is it sitting on a stationary, stable surface? Is it completely parallel to the front of the tv screen? In the wii settings menu did you provide the position of the sensor (top or bottom).

Can't think of more suggestions....

I dunno...it waits till im all situated and have it dead center...and when im good to go it starts floating. so that makes me think it may be somthing different...so i reposition myself to center it off and its off and floating again...

Can you view the sensor bar through a mobile phone camera or digital camera ??

There should be 5 lights each end of the bar. They are infrared so you won't see them lit up with the naked eye. If one side isn't working, maybe it is throwing the balance somehow.

The other thing is to make sure that the sensor bar is bang in the middle of your TV, horzontally speaking. There is a sensor bar setup page in the Wii config screens too, check that you are only getting 2 flashing dots.

Back