Wii - .mp3 Playback

Sounds good. Though i doubt i would play music using the wii if i were playing games anyway. Most soundtracks are quite good and fit the game, and if i want music, i have speakers in my room...

Nice! Although, Wii only has 512MB of storage, which would hold about...100 songs. Wow, actually that's not too bad, but I have around 2300 songs, so I'd probably just hook up my laptop to my speaker system. Still, nice news.

i read in that iwata ask thing that it would play in the background when your looking at your pic like you cant select the song :s

i suppose another good thing about it is that we could also listen to .mp3 files online like music previews while browsing on wii. Now if they announce it supports .mp4 then in your face psp lol

NateTheGreat said:
Nice! Although, Wii only has 512MB of storage, which would hold about...100 songs. Wow, actually that's not too bad, but I have around 2300 songs, so I'd probably just hook up my laptop to my speaker system. Still, nice news.

the link suggests that the Wii reads songs off of the SD card, so you are not limited to 512mb (100 songs ish)

I use my iPod for music anyway, but still cool to know this! Thanks. =)

Back