Wii Online Games suck.

i heard that they were making this mic that makes everything you say into words. anyone know if this is true?

thas said:
i heard that they were making this mic that makes everything you say into words. anyone know if this is true?
idk. . .i heard about that though, i think it's just a rumor but nintendo did plan it at one point. . . or something like that.

thas said:

No. That was a complete misunderstanding of what an analog-to-digital converter chip was for.

strommsarnac said:
I prefer PC games for online play. Especially nowadays, there's way to many whiney brats playing console games online.

Sometimes there really is a benefit to spending a few grand on a PC :)

UT3 (demo) ROCKS!!! and makes Halo3 and Gears online seem like a java game.

heh. i never had to listen to whiney brats playing console games. im just tired of whiney brats trash talking over their PC mics only to make them look as bad as they are in the first place.

i would say the overall selection of games has been lacking more then the games that are internet capable. to say that its their first internet system is a bad excuse considering how well internet play on the DS is.

i love the online?
I mean.. its FREE.. I play Strikers which connects perfect.. the game is lag free.. what is there to complain about?
I dont give a rats ass who I am playing, I just want to play against a real person.
Have I ever used a friend code? no.
Do i have alot of fun with the online? yes.

what..? how can that be?
well.. I dont complain like a *****.

JAKE196 said:
this is Nintendo's first online console, the online isn't gonna be great right away.
Technically, the Gamecube could. It's just that it was extremely limited. Nintendo said they waited for Broadband speeds to be widely available (which they are now, and they'[re starting to do online.

I don't get the problem with friendcodes. It's a frick'n 12 digit number. Write it down on a bit of paper and get it into your Wii. Geez, it's not like you have to input the number manually every time you want to play someone...

Besides, it's not the only way to play. Anybody who doesn't like firendcodes is just too lazy to write down a number and put it into their Wii.

Besides, why does everything have to be online all of a sudden? Weren't we fine with playing people in the same room? Heck, personally, I'd prefer to be sat in a room full of friends and kicking the snot out of Pikachu on Brawl, over sitting in the room with nobody around me, speaking to my "friends" over mic, and listening to 12 year olds mouth off about how they're going to "pwn" me. (Yes, I know it's a generalisation, but it's still pathetic that it happens regardless).

Wii online may not be good to some people, but I don't think it's healthy to base any aspect of a gaming console firmly on trying to better a rival at their own game. Heck, it's why the graphics jumps in consoles are getting smaller - you only need a certain level of processing power to create an impressive game, and even less to create a really fun, addictive one.

Wii-Got-Wii said:
its not really the friend codes that much. Its the games.

what the heck are you talking about? you want an online FPS, thats what you want. well if timesplitters 4 comes to wii you may get your wish. also nintendo didnt let 3rd parties use online until around now so thats why you havent seen any amazing things.

but the only thing i dont understand is why do you say might as well be facing the computer for MSC? some people dont use xbox head sets and i'm sure its still like their playing real people.

its only 32 digit exchange to share a whole level on super smash bros though! thats golden!

Renz said:
When I play moh online for the wii, I'm gonna develop some sort of tension in my arm or have deaf ears cause its dumb to think that hardcore online gamers such as myself would put a wiimote close to their ear (rocket launcher) 50x in a game.

there's an option to change that control scheme and also the shotgun reload, for faster and less strenuous gameplay. Those things are just designed for fun and can b removed for a more efficient online game play so dont worry about that part so much

Wii-Got-Wii said:
I know it is kind of early but my prediction is that the Wii's Online will be crap. Not connection wise but game wise. The only reason (other than controls of coarse) that I got a wii is because of the Online. Ive been supporting Nintendo for awhile and i don't have ANY online consoles. So when i heard that Nintendo's new "Revolutionary" console is going to support online, i thought it meant ONLINE! Not wii friend code crap, the lack of any mic is also frustrating and will probably make games like Medal of honour and Smash bros. suck compared to the 360's online. Those are about the only games that seem to have DESCENT online but that doesn't compare to a game that can be played for every as you blast the hell out of your opponents and never get bored. Im getting Medal of honour only because i have to. I have no other online games and never have so im forced to get a game that will get around an 8.5 (which isnt bad but CUMON)
that supports no mics. What do they expect us to do? Type on a virtual god dam computer in the middle of intense combat? I think it ridiculous. It's been a year already and not ONE amazing online game (and i dont mean an amazing game that supports online i mean an amazing online game) has even been announced! 360 has Halo and Gears. Where is Nintendo's Halo or Gears? Come out with a mic, come out with an online fps that never gets boring and im sure the wii will get amazing new sales. The reason alot of people with 360's don't want a wii is because of its crap online games. We got Pokemon...Battalion wars (friend codes..)...and Mario Strikers (Also friend codes but the non friend code one, you might as well be facing a computer opponent) after a whole year. Metroid Prime 3 was awsome but when you beat it, its over! No online. If it did have online, i probably would not have posted this at all. My friends all around me are getting 360's and telling tales of immense fun and online games. I played Gears and Halo and they are better than all the wii games so far...sad in my opinions... Post whatever you think, i am interested in the opinions and any advice on changing my mind on selling this wii. I geuss I might have to wait for Nintendo to catch up...

ok, we get it. it sucks get over it... I so tired of people posting complaints that none of us can do anything about.

Back