Wii Overheating problem solved....

Yeah dude, your good to go! Unless it's almost hot enough to burn you then you're good.

No.. its not like melting.. but it is suspiciously warm
But thanks
I am glad its not only me

*UPDATE*
I will try and get a themometer to get an exact Temp of what it should be around when in standby all day so that everyone has a better idea.

Thank you so much
And can you tell me what u use to measure temp.
so i can see
Its not like i am so very concerned
I just want my wii to last as long as possible

And also to show it off without any flaws.. thats the last thing i need is a sony or Microsoft fan seeing this thing so very hot while doing nothing

Nick111 said:
And also to show it off without any flaws.. thats the last thing i need is a sony or Microsoft fan seeing this thing so very hot while doing nothing

If that's the case then just smack them in the face with the Wiimote and say it was an accident during game play. Then enjoy as they cry like a little girl.

For now a normal Samsung electronic thermometer

I will send pics of it later on so that you can see what it looks like.

ouch.. its worse when you lay it horizontal
the bottom of that sucker is like on fire
people who have it horizontal
leave it on standby for a few hours.. than lift it up and feel
its not good ^_^
i guess ill go back to keeping it vertical

Alrighty here is what I got from a normail thermometer last night,
(Keep in mind this is not very accurate as I was not about to open my Wii to get the temp instid i just tuck it underneith the fans)

INTAKE
OUTPUT

Standby all day

On for < 1 hour
>97

Also keep in mind that this was a cheap Vicks thermometer but when I can afford better one I will get you more accurate temps.

Last edited:
I have my Wii laying horizontal and I never had overheating problems. The wii is just a little warm to touch with Wiiconnect24 but thats all. From what i read in the forums it seems like the vertical position adds to the overheating problem as it blocks one of its vents, though admittedly the Wii looks more sexy (hot if I might say :smilewinkgrin: ) in the vertical position

mmmhmmm it looks very sexy but I'm not worried about how it looks really. I just want to play it and have it work without freezing all the time.

well on standby while laying on horizontal
It gets very hot!!!!

while it is vertical on standby, it gets warm

once match finds one thermo, i will record temp

Yeah might be a while cause I want to get a good one and those are kind of expensive. but any digital thermometer like from Vicks or Samsung will do.

Back