Wii Overheating problem solved....

If everyone is so worried of the console over-heating just turn it fully off instead of standby..
I keep mine on standby all the time it gets "warm" not hot.. its hardly warm even lol. an i have mine vertical.. nvr froze ever either..

match002001 said:
Alrighty here is what I got from a normail thermometer last night,
(Keep in mind this is not very accurate as I was not about to open my Wii to get the temp instid i just tuck it underneith the fans)

INTAKE
OUTPUT

Standby all day

On for < 1 hour
>97

Also keep in mind that this was a cheap Vicks thermometer but when I can afford better one I will get you more accurate temps.

A person used a Laser to detect the heat, its in reality suposingly much lower(wether that was in C or F im not sure). (the core network card, which generates the heat in standby). the Simple fact is a Wii with its airways unblocked, no glitches and no obstructions inside the Wii should work FINE. Even tho people SAY that the vertical stand doesnt hurt i still think it can effect it in several ways (not everybody tho) Examples being collecting hair easier, less air to gather bluh bluh.

That shows tho that its not that bad of a temperature over a day tho.. for a normal Wii machine.

Keep in mind also that I measured the tempreture on the bottom of the Wii as it was the hottest and the main concern. and that is in *F just so you know.

spirit0flight said:
The vertical stand is fine... theres a thin gap.. just like if u was standing it without the base stand.. makes no diffrence in my opinion.

Read the post. Horizontally not vertically...

spirit0flight said:
Well then even more for saying whats the problem.. both airways arent abstructed by anything if it's lying flat lol// :shocked:

In the small gap with verticle, when i had it verticle hair gathered there when it was collecting air. which can easily cause a problem. And the space thats between the stand and the vent isnt the 'Recommended' space most fans need.

Mine fr Freezes but only on one of my games.. Red Steel:prrr:

The gamevrocks i think its just because its defective probably gonna return it

Shibumi said:
The gamevrocks i think its just because its defective probably gonna return it

Don't return it jsut yet here, you might want to try and run another game just to test it out, if any other issues then contact Nintendo for further assistance.

Well mine doesn't get that hot on the bottom.. i don't think..
just on the side with the buttons
it gets quite warm on standby while in the vertical position
And it gets bloody hot while on standby while in the horizontal position

but it never gets hot while on
it is very cool while running :)

Last edited:
Back