Wii overheating since Brawl!?

Hate to say it but, get the USB Fan. Or if it's still under warranty go get it fixed

How long does it take to get fixed? Also what do I need to send it with/in?

Thanks for the help guys. Oh yeah anyone know the number for Nintendo? I wanted to ask them about it first.

Edit: I found out the problem. My idiotic siblings and cousin have made my Wii fall so many times that the fan (the one installed) doesn't come on. Unless it's not supposed to be on all the time when the Wii is on.

Last edited:
MasterKai said:
Ever since I got Brawl Sat. night my Wii has been heating up rapidly. Also when I play Brawl it heats up to the point where it turns off by itself. I can keep it cool by putting my window fan by it so I'm thinking of buying the Wii USB Fan but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem that needed to be fixed by Nintendo. Also has anyone else had a problem like this since Brawl? My cousin said it could be because Brawl has so much content, I LOLed but I think it's true now.
turn off wiiconnect24 stand by that will help

mrobrien said:
the reason the wii sounds like its overworking is because SSBB is one of the only dual-layer disc games for the wii. therefore the wii would be noiser than on a single-layer game
my wii makes absolutely no noise while brawl is in, only when its loading but thats normal, i dont have wiiconnect24 on stand-by also thats like the #2 reson that wii's break

My advice to u is not to get a usb fan that blows air into the wii. Im pretty sure all the wii stand fans blow air in. It will blow dust into the wii and decrease it's lifespan. Try to find a fan that attaches to the back and sucks air out of the wii.

Back