Wii Points

conorlap

Irish Wii Man
Oct 7, 2006
Ireland
Wii Online Code
3135-7022-5124-5388
Does anyone now if wii points come with the console or will we have to buy some seperatly,

Ps.any word on Mario Kart Wii.

You have to buy them seperately, but have the option of doing so through "Wii Points Cards"(similar to XBOX Live cards) or by credit card over their Virtual Console service.

They will be running a deal, however. When you buy $50 worth of Wii points(that's around 50 NES games), they include a free classic controller.

As far as Mario Kart is concerned, expect it out sometime next year. I doubt Nintendo is taking any risks by holding back any of their franchises with the Wii, as they did with the GameCube.

Wiiboy93 said:
what are wii points?

Wii points are used to buy virtual console games and other things like the internet browser on the wii, you will be able to buy a 2000 wii points card in most shops for $20/€20.

teqguy said:
You have to buy them seperately, but have the option of doing so through "Wii Points Cards"(similar to XBOX Live cards) or by credit card over their Virtual Console service.

They will be running a deal, however. When you buy $50 worth of Wii points(that's around 50 NES games), they include a free classic controller.
$50 worth of Wii points will buy you 10 NES games...not 50. Check here: http://wii.ign.com/articles/733/733464p5.html

$20 for 2000 Wii points....NES games start at 500 points (aka $5)...you do the math

Quatsch said:
$50 worth of Wii points will buy you 10 NES games...not 50. Check here: http://wii.ign.com/articles/733/733464p5.html

$20 for 2000 Wii points....NES games start at 500 points (aka $5)...you do the math

Pricing structures on games have yet to be finalized.

In any case, the controller costs $20 alone, so you'll be getting 4 free NES games at the price of the controller and $30 to divide between SNES, Genesis, and N64 games.

Off the top of my mind, I couldn't even think of more than 4 decent NES games that I'd want to have. Mario Bros, Mario 2, and Mario 3 can be had in Super Mario All Stars for SNES, which I hope they'll release on Virtual Console; that alone saves you $10.

for now im just planin on playin my wii game but im sure ill get a nice collection of VC so i have to start savin for som points!

Back