Wii Price Drop?

I can't see the price going down for a while yet, not the way they're still in demand!

Guys, the Wiis are still selling out just as fast as stores can get them. I dont think anyone, even Nintendo knows when the prices are dropping.

Nintendo tends to do price drops after 1 year of release. Probably X-mas, or early next year. They will probably drop the price $50-$100. Nintendo can easily drop the price by $100. There is nothing in that console that was costly to build. Imagine 2008, a $300, maybe $200 360, $150 Wii, and a $500-$600 PS3.

I'd say until after the good games stop getting made.

Because there will be a load of sales for when SSBB comes out.

And then even more sales when a Mario Kart Wii comes out (If it ever comes out).

Not for a very long time.
Very long.

I'd say maybe.... 2 or 3 years down the line.

Trulen said:
I'd say until after the good games stop getting made.

Because there will be a load of sales for when SSBB comes out.

And then even more sales when a Mario Kart Wii comes out (If it ever comes out).

Not for a very long time.
Very long.

I'd say maybe.... 2 or 3 years down the line.
He has a good point...I forgot about the 4 amazing games later this year, and most likely some surprise games next year...and the year after that. Hopefull Nintendo learns to spread their games out, which they haven't been doing well.

nintendo is the only one making money on their system when its sold so stop sayin its cheap shut up

kevbomac05 said:
nintendo is the only one making money on their system when its sold so stop sayin its cheap shut up
Well the fact is that is cheap. It can be made much more easily because on the inside, its not a big difference from the GC. It is also the cheapest out of the three consoles right now. It is built well though, so there's some point. So in reality, it technically is "cheap".

Dopey said:
Anyone know when it will drop
You must be out of your mind! You can't even find Wii in any store now, so people jack off the price of Wii everywhere: on eBay, Craigslist, Yahoo... The average price I've just checked is $310 up to $350 for an unopened Wii. Secondly, like somebody here said, Wii is already the least expensive console compared to Xbox360 or PS3 (and the games are also cheaper: $50 compared to $54 to $59 for xbox360 or PS3 games) Lastly, Wii is currently way outsold more than xbox360 and PS3. So according to supply & demand theory, Nintendo SHOULD HAVE raised the price, not the other way around. So keep on dreaming!

Since the Wii is already cheaper than the other consoles and is still very popular, I highly doubt that a price drop will occur anytime soon. Maybe in the next year or two, if the popularity decreases in any way.

Johndoe01 said:
You must be out of your mind! You can't even find Wii in any store now, so people jack off the price of Wii everywhere: on eBay, Craigslist, Yahoo... The average price I've just checked is $310 up to $350 for an unopened Wii. Secondly, like somebody here said, Wii is already the least expensive console compared to Xbox360 or PS3 (and the games are also cheaper: $50 compared to $54 to $59 for xbox360 or PS3 games) Lastly, Wii is currently way outsold more than xbox360 and PS3. So according to supply & demand theory, Nintendo SHOULD HAVE raised the price, not the other way around. So keep on dreaming!

They didn't and wont. And IMO, I think the PS3 is way over priced for a couple of reasons, 1. you have to buy a 1,500 dollar TV to have it utilize it's great graphics, 2. I don't know of anybody who cares about the Blueray and HD movie players plus you have to buy the HD and Blueray movies, Now imagine taking the 1,500 dollar TV away along with the Blueray and HD movie players and what do you have...... A Wii, So Sony is putting in these things that make it expspensive and making you buy a 1,500 dollar Tv just to utilize it's graphics so they can profit a 300 dollar extra profit along with their 1,500 dollar Sony TV when you can buy a Wii for 250 dollars that has cool controls but doesnt have the Blueray and HD movie players which isn't needed anyway and exspensive TV and save 1,800 dollars. So that shows you that PS3 is overpriced and Sony is just making you pay extra money to make them richer. So which one would you rather buy.

the console has not been out for that long. it's way to early for a price drop on the wii and besides it's selling way too well.

Back