Wii remote rechargeable?

Squall7 said:
I hope it is rechargable. I'm sure there will be some sort of unofficial one if it isn't, it just depends on how reliable it would be!

That's another thing! What about third party companies creating remotes, they're probably the most expensive remotes on the market, and with the totally new and complex design of the controller(s) I can't see anything but official Nintendo controllers/remotes for the first little while.

Well I followed the E3 at IGN and read like _everything_ about the Wii, and it surprised me too that they didn't say ANYTHING about batteries or if it will be rechargeable or not. I think that's crazy. It's like they didn't even look at the bottom of the damn controller and opened it up!

I think it would suck to have to put AA batteries in, that's so old ;) Then again it would be more expensive for Nintendo to put Li-ion accu's in every wiimote.

I found something JUST great...two pictures of rechargeable bases for the wii controllers...they are small but still nice...Look and tell me what you think... AND that means that Nintendo are thinking to make it rechargeable!!! YAY

images

images

Cool isn't it?

Last edited:
I bet it will be rechargable.
If not, then it probally run on double A batteries.
I hope they will be rechargable.

Beerbat said:
I found something JUST great...two pictures of rechargeable bases for the wii controllers...they are small but still nice...Look and tell me what you think... AND that means that Nintendo are thinking to make it rechargeable!!! YAY

http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:p7oDjQK8lnWr_M:nrupdates.qj.net/controller_2Dconcepts_2Dcharge_2Dcradle_2D20051004031303249_2D000_thumb.jpg

http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:2DZ72e5SC1NF7M:nrupdates.qj.net/controller_2Dconcepts_2Dcharge_2Dcradle_2D20051004031304874_2D000_thumb.jpg

Cool isn't it?
Is that real??? shiiiny....

I think these are the way u will rechargable ur wiimote as registerednerd putted there and I think it will be great

well it would be stupid if they didn't, you'd have to spend extra cash for all kinds of accessories on the spot. Maybe each contoller that you purchase separately will come with a single charger as well. And there could be a big pack with 3 controllers and the charger that holds four wii remotes, so you could put the one you already have on that.

Even though it would be nice to include everything u need w/ the wii, there is a possibility that it may come seperate since the console is so cheap. I'm not saying this for sure, but u never know. They have to make a decision between make themselves happy (they get more money for ppl buying accessories) or making the customers happy (by including everything in one package)

i swear to god last night i had a dream that i got a wii but everytime i picked up the remote it turned into a 360 controller..but i didnt seem to notice

but in the box there were these things that you plug into the outlet and you could stick the whole entire remote into it and it would charge it..

the problem with built in rechargable batteries are that if it dies you need to wait for the charge, with interchangable batteries you can just pop out the dead ones and put new ones in the remote, put dead ones in the charger. there will most likely be someone who releases an easy charge system like with the gameboy, I don't think nintendo made one but third party supplies did(before SP).

Yeh thats what I thourght of I did the same with my gameboy

Well, it's looking like we'll be getting AA's, but rechargeable batteries aren't out the window. The remotes could use rechargeable batteries and charge with the port that's used for the attachments.

at least there double AA's and not the most annoying battery size in the wolrd AAA's grrrrr I never seem to have any spare onees lying around for my TV remote

Back