Wii Sports: Tennis. Crazy Ball Spin

Tu Kewl

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Wii Online Code
1029-0506-8956-8392
Has anyone ever noticed that when playing, every once in a while when the computer returns the ball that once it bounces it all of a sudden takes this wicked directional turn? I have been crossed up on it a few times and I have been trying to do the same thing when I return the ball, but I don't know the movement to make.

I have tried twisting my wrist foreward and backward when I return the ball. I have tried swinging from the top, tried a lob, and I have done it a couple of times, but I can't get a consistent crazy bounce.

Anyone know what the movement is?

When hitting the ball from the right of the court to the left spin your remote 90 degrees anti-clockwise it'll put a spin on it. Same the other way maybe not as much as computer

When Serving hit the ball when it reaches it's peak it'll make it a fast ball

Thats all I know about this one..

ocdan said:
i know you can lob or slice the ball by tilting the wiimote certain ways (tilt inward=slice, outward=lob)

This is what I do know.

When returning a ball, if you rotate your wrist forward when you make contact with the ball it will give you topspin which is like a quick arcing shot. If you rotate your wrist backward when making contact with the ball you will give it a very flat flight that barely gets over the net.

Those I have no problems with. What I do have a problem with is after the ball bounces it shoots off to the left and/or right and totally crosses me up. Meaning, it will look like a forehand return, but the moment it bounces, I need a backhand to return it, which I'm not ready for. Then I get pissed off.

A lob you have to make an upward swing motion. If tried different combos of these returns and I don't get the crazy bounce.
I can't put any spin on my serve either, but the power serve has been talked numerous times on this forum and is easy to do.

Tu Kewl said:
Has anyone ever noticed that when playing, every once in a while when the computer returns the ball that once it bounces it all of a sudden takes this wicked directional turn? I have been crossed up on it a few times and I have been trying to do the same thing when I return the ball, but I don't know the movement to make.

I have tried twisting my wrist foreward and backward when I return the ball. I have tried swinging from the top, tried a lob, and I have done it a couple of times, but I can't get a consistent crazy bounce.

Anyone know what the movement is?

I think its a computer glitch. It seems to do that because of where your player is in relation to the ball and the computer tries to compensate for it.

ya, i figured it out some time back.

it requires good timing. as the ball returns to you, hold the remote so that the A-button faces the direction your swingin from. then, as you swing, quickly twist the remote 180 degrees in the direction your swingin. this creates a sharp curve shot in the direction you swung at

you can also point the a button inwards and twist it outwards to curve the ball the opposite direction.

You have to be careful, though. the ball has a tendency to sail, and if your at a higher level, the computer will let it sail out of bounds.

Back