Wii Troubleshooting

Hello, all wii lovers
I need some help here and wish somebody could help me =]
I have a modded wii and i just recently got the smash bro. from jap because i can play region free...but when I put in the disc, it requires update, so....i updated it.
After the update, it turns out kinda weird on my wii menu, i have 2 weather and new broadcast which one is for US and one is for JAP, and when I try to go into my wii setting, it doesnt let me.....is there any way to fix it? or remove the update?

I think that's called a bricked Wii, I haven't got any experience with it, but you may want to wait for the new update for the wii to come, but how to fix it without waiting for the new update, I dont know, I only heard about the waiting for the update one.

heyhey...quick question bout SD memory card, when i save a game is saves to the wii memory and not to the SD card, why is that? i put the card in i want to save to the card

Hi. Ok so I have this weird problem maybe you guys can help me out. Ok, so I went to the store and bought a wii. Me and the guy I bought it off of we're talking about differant types of controllers you can buy. And then I purchased it and left the store. I dropped the box onto some weird rocks on the way. So then I got home, and plugged it in. I was playing footsies with my brother when all of a sudden the wii had never turned on. So, what I think is that the guy who sold me the wii stole both my controllers. I think he put some metal into the wii too, because when I threw it at my neighbors dog his leg made a weird noise, like when I dropped a rock onto my wii. So do you think it's a stupid idea to duct tape my wii controller onto a cardboard tube and kleenex box to use as a guitar for games that I might need a guitar?

getting second remotes to work

on guitar hero and and mario party eight i can get it to where it says to connect the remotes but it will not connect more than one remote. i read on here about pushing the sync button on the wii console while connecting the remotes but that does not work. is it my console or is there something i need to do?

wiiman1976 said:
on guitar hero and and mario party eight i can get it to where it says to connect the remotes but it will not connect more than one remote. i read on here about pushing the sync button on the wii console while connecting the remotes but that does not work. is it my console or is there something i need to do?

Trying to sync additional Remotes to your Wii? :yesnod:

Do this on the Wii's channel screen or shortly after launching the game. It may not work if you are into the game's sub menus.
  • For the first time:
    • open the small Flash Drive door on front of the Wii.
    • remove the battery cover on the back of the remote.
    • hit the red button found inside the Wii's door then the red button on inside the Remotes battery compartment.
    • watch blue flashing lights on Remote.
  • Temp synch or rotating remotes?
    • simply hit the home button on a remote
    • point to Remote Menu at the bottom of the screen
      • it highlights blue when you point to it
    • click on reconnect remotes
    • follow onscreen instructions
helpful? :yesnod:

Hello,
Just purchased a Wii. Wife is already a Pro at bowling. However we have played a dozen games of tennis and our skill level does not appear after the game. Can anyone advise? P L E A S E !
We love this stuff.

pigslapper said:
Hi. Ok so I have this weird problem maybe you guys can help me out. Ok, so I went to the store and bought a wii. Me and the guy I bought it off of we're talking about differant types of controllers you can buy. And then I purchased it and left the store. I dropped the box onto some weird rocks on the way. So then I got home, and plugged it in. I was playing footsies with my brother when all of a sudden the wii had never turned on. So, what I think is that the guy who sold me the wii stole both my controllers. I think he put some metal into the wii too, because when I threw it at my neighbors dog his leg made a weird noise, like when I dropped a rock onto my wii. So do you think it's a stupid idea to duct tape my wii controller onto a cardboard tube and kleenex box to use as a guitar for games that I might need a guitar?

???????????????????????????????????????? lol

Alright, Here's my problem.

So one day, I'm playing stuff on my Wii. And it works just fine. And then the next day, I turn it on, and nothing happens. Literally. No safety warnings screen or anything. Okay, so the shade of black changed on my TV like it does . But that's it. Like, It's going, but it's not. I can still put games in, and it still spins them, but nothing happens. Ever. I've tried replacing my AV cables, but no luck. Now I don't really know whether it's bricked or just busted, but either way, I would VERY much like to play my Wii/Gamecube games again sometime in like....ever.

PLZ HALP.

paynej14 said:
Hello,
Just purchased a Wii. Wife is already a Pro at bowling. However we have played a dozen games of tennis and our skill level does not appear after the game. Can anyone advise? P L E A S E !
We love this stuff.

You will have to go through the trainings and play against computer-opponents to start gaining the points.
This applies to most of the Sports.

Hakutei said:

So one day, I'm playing stuff on my Wii. And it works just fine. And then the next day, I turn it on, and nothing happens. Literally. No safety warnings screen or anything. Okay, so the shade of black changed on my TV like it does . But that's it. Like, It's going, but it's not. I can still put games in, and it still spins them, but nothing happens. Ever. I've tried replacing my AV cables, but no luck. Now I don't really know whether it's bricked or just busted, but either way, I would VERY much like to play my Wii/Gamecube games again sometime in like....ever.

PLZ HALP.

Call Nintendo customer support. If your claim is legitimate then they will replace your Wii in a snap.
Nintendo Customer Support
1-800-255-3700
They treat their customers like royalty.

Hakutei said:

PLZ HALP.

if you didn't call Nintendo's tech support, yet try to leave it unplugged for 5hrs... click here to see this thread

Customer Support it is. I was planning on calling them if all else failed anyways. XD

Nevertheless, many thanks.

Hi all,

I just bought Super Mario Galaxy, but after it performed the System update, none of my games have been able to run. The Wii menu and Mii channel works fine (I don't have the internet connection) and the game title menus for all my games come up, but when I hit start it says there has been an error and I have to switch off the console.

Obviously I'll phone the helpline, but they're closed for the weekend, so I was wondering if anyone else had had this problem, and what they did about it? Cheers.

Back