Wii Troubleshooting

Good Morning All!!

The A button while playing Tiger Woods 2008 (Zoom in function) has stopped working (multiple remotes have been tried). The A buttons work fine with every other game. Any ideas from the experts?

Thanks

weduvall

Last edited:
I have successfully hooked up my wii to my wireless internet. However, I have no idea which games are playable online. The games I have are in my siggy. Could you please tell me which games are playable online and how I get into online mode so I can play the actual game in the online mode?

PS, a link to a guide for online play would also be appreciated, hopefully to a respected and known website....

2nd player.

i have 2 wiimotes. me and my friend were trying to play tennis, and her wiimote kept turning off and she was second player. i did all i could, i switched the batteries, switched her remote to first player, i did all i could. now heres the weird thing. i used that same remote to play a 1 player game and it worked fine. it never turned off on me. does anyone know how to stop this problem?

duke_fan13 said:
I have successfully hooked up my wii to my wireless internet. However, I have no idea which games are playable online. The games I have are in my siggy. Could you please tell me which games are playable online and how I get into online mode so I can play the actual game in the online mode?

PS, a link to a guide for online play would also be appreciated, hopefully to a respected and known website....

Unfortunately, none of the games that you have are online. The two you want will be though. Here is a link to the games that have online multiplayer for the wii:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_Wi-Fi_Connection_games

Also, check out the Wii Online forum section here on Wiichat. There are many discussions about the best wii game online and the features of them.

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-online/

Hope this helps!

NINer said:
The first solution would be to smack the WiiMote to your palm a few times.
Quite hard, infact.
This may be caused by a stuck motion-sensor.
And yes, I am serious, believe me. You can find this suggestion on other messageboards as well.

Hey thanks, after a month Im able to play Wii Sports again.....

Kumoriken said:
((Well, since my previous post in here has been deleted since the thread is now a sticky, here it is again. xP))

Well, I've started up my Wii, and it's a-****in'-mazing! But three things are kinda' buggin' me.
One, when I moved the Wiimote around, it seems to be fine, but after a bit, I noticed it'd get kinda jittery and go off-track for a fraction of a second occasionally.Two, I've noticed that when I'm moving around the Wiimote, it's kind of... I dunno, off. It doesn't feel like it's in the right place, sometimes. Bugs me a bit...
Three, I was playing Wii Sports, and with the baseball game, when I first held the "bat," it was working totally fine, and then I switched to pitching. When I went back to the batting position, the exact way I held the Wiimote the last time was doing something different. Instead of being over the Mii's shoulder, the tip was facing the camera angle.

Anyone else having these problems? Any suggestions on how to fix or cope with them?

Thanks! ^_^
--Kumo
_________

Sorry if I'm LATE to your party(I'm Mexican after all).

Anyways, I have 2 solutions for your first problem.
1st solution: You might be playing too far from the screen. If this is the case, go into the Wii sensor bar settings and select sensitivity. Most think the sensitivity option improves pointer accuracy...NOT TRUE. What the sensitivity option does is increase/decrease your range of play. Nintendo should have explained this. Anyways, increase the sensitivity. If you are playing further than 10 feet away from the display, I recommend you turn sensitivity all the way up.
2nd solution: an object might be slightly covering your sensor bar. This can be anything from a beanie baby, entertainment cabinet or even your own TV!! If your sensor bar is placed above your display make sure the front end(the darker side parts) are sticking out from above the display. If your sensor bar is placed on a cabinet also make sure the front end is sticking out because placing it too far back(even slightly) will cause the cabinet to obstruct the sensor bars view. Lastly, remove anything that can possibly be in the sensor bars view, toys, decorations etc.(VERY rare case)
If that doesn't help: You might be playing Red Steel. LOL. That game has so many glitches you're just gonna have to deal with it! :lol:

Kumoriken said:
((Well, since my previous post in here has been deleted since the thread is now a sticky, here it is again. xP))

Well, I've started up my Wii, and it's a-****in'-mazing! But three things are kinda' buggin' me.
One, when I moved the Wiimote around, it seems to be fine, but after a bit, I noticed it'd get kinda jittery and go off-track for a fraction of a second occasionally.
Two, I've noticed that when I'm moving around the Wiimote, it's kind of... I dunno, off. It doesn't feel like it's in the right place, sometimes. Bugs me a bit...Three, I was playing Wii Sports, and with the baseball game, when I first held the "bat," it was working totally fine, and then I switched to pitching. When I went back to the batting position, the exact way I held the Wiimote the last time was doing something different. Instead of being over the Mii's shoulder, the tip was facing the camera angle.
Anyone else having these problems? Any suggestions on how to fix or cope with them?

Thanks! ^_^
--Kumo
_________

As far as your second problem make sure the sensor bar is centered. This most likely isn't your problem since it doest make a big difference if your sensor bar is slightly off.
OR you might have a huge screen 50"+. This is when you start to see big pointer problems since your Wii is unable to recognize the size and display ratio of your screen.

Your third problem... well... You just might be holding that bat in the camera mans face.

Like I said sorry if I was late in answering these questions, but even if I was I hope these answers can help a couple others.

dwills said:
Hope someone can help me. I just got my Wii 2 weeks ago and let me tell you that my wife and I have been hooked, but unfortunately we are a little upset now because we are having issues with the system. For some reason or another, we started getting these lines down the screen. Kind of look like the digital blocks you get when your cable box doesn't work and have to reboot the box, but on a smaller scale. It is very annoying. Anyone have this problem and if so any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

As far as the lines go, try placing your Wii farther away from your screen. Possibly farther away than two feet.

These annoying lines are caused by the Wii's Wi-Fi capability. My understanding is that the Wii is sending signals out which can interfere with the display. I'm not sure what you mean by "digital blocks", but here's hoping this helps...

Your Welcome in advance.

lewandpip said:
do fans work for overheating wii
lweandpip

Fans work for anything that overheats. But you shouldn't have a Wii overheating problem. The Wii is very good at keeping itself cool.
Make sure your console has enough room to "breathe" and don't keep the console concealed while it's on. Also NEVER block the Wii's vents.

hi

i just got the wii internet a few days ago and everything seems to be working fine except that whenever i try to log onto my email (aol) it tells me that i cant view my email until ive enabled cookies and javascript. but i can't seem to figure out how to do that :( . can anyone help me?

any help is much appreciated :)

Hey, I really need some help.
I bought a component cable and plugged it in my Sharp Aquos LC-32GA5E.
The problem I have is that there are black bars / lines at the sides of the screen (right and left) so it's underscanned.

I have the tv-type on 480p HDTV, and also the widescreen settings on 16:9 (So please don't ask questions about that).

I do not have this problem with the tv-type on 60hz 480i.
When I put the settings on 4:3 on 480p, the screen adds even more black bars / lines.
This means that the wii added the black bars / lines by default on 480p, (right) how do I solve this.

I bought Endless Ocean and it has terrific gfx with the component cable, and I want to play it without the limitation of not having widescreen.
Please help....

My son and I have just completed all stories and episodes of the LEGO StarWars: The complete saga. We had 95% of the characters unlocked and were able to use them(purchased). This was last night. When we woke up in the morning he started up the system, boot up the game disc, and loaded our game. It was as if we had started from scratch. All charachters and episodes were locked except the first default episode and chapter, all charachters gone, everything... I followed the step by step instructions from

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/support_62.html(Steps listed below)

According to test there is no problem with my console memory. I understand that if the console drive is reformatted the data you've backed up on a card won't work either. Is this true? Reading through these posts is kind of scary. Does anyone have any help to restore lost game data?

Try going to the Mii
Channel and create a new Mii (how to).

Once the Mii is created, verify that it shows up in the Mii plaza.

Power off the console, then power it back on and go back to the Mii channel.
If the Mii you just created is still there, then the Wii console's system memory is fine and a repair is not necessary.

If the Mii you just created is not there, then there appears to be a problem with the Wii console's internal save feature and a repair is necessary. Please click here to get in contact with our Consumer Support department

Method89 said:
Hey, I really need some help.
I bought a component cable and plugged it in my Sharp Aquos LC-32GA5E.
The problem I have is that there are black bars / lines at the sides of the screen (right and left) so it's underscanned.

I have the tv-type on 480p HDTV, and also the widescreen settings on 16:9 (So please don't ask questions about that).

I do not have this problem with the tv-type on 60hz 480i.
When I put the settings on 4:3 on 480p, the screen adds even more black bars / lines.
This means that the wii added the black bars / lines by default on 480p, (right) how do I solve this.

I bought Endless Ocean and it has terrific gfx with the component cable, and I want to play it without the limitation of not having widescreen.
Please help....

Unfortunately this might be a service menu error set by the manufacturer. Try viewing other 480p sources such as a DVD player. If the problem persist then your 480p screen size was set wrong by the manufacturer.
Let me know if this is the case.

Back