Wii Troubleshooting

seems like the general idea is to call nintenedo with hardware faults, but i thought id log mine here and then i can also let people know the solution, if there is one.

bought SMG yesterday, and played it for an hour or so fine, then with it being new years eve, i moved the wii for the first time since i had it a good 4 - 6 months ago, i then se it up downstrais carried it myself so as my GF wouuldn drop it or do anythihng else dosey with it lol, so it got downstairs very comfortably, i then carried on playing super mario galaxy, fter that i urned i off everyone was a litle tippsy but no one got near the wii.

then at about 12:30 a few people decided to play wii sports, so my brother who has his own wii at his house ejeced the disc and put in the wii sports dics and recieved his error

"Error occurred. Press the Eject button and remove the disc. Turn the power off and follow the instrucitons in the console manual."

i ejected the disc an powered off the wii and unplugged i and left it ten mins a few times with the same error or all game discs

then all of a sudden it sarted playing games again, but now it is taking aaaaaagggeeesss to read them, lots of clunky cd reading sounds wii sports works but the music on the menu screens comes on about 2 mins after the menu screens load up and when you select tennis the screen goes black for 3 mins while it loads, much much longer than normal as if the cd is getting a lot of read write errors.

may try to call nintendo today but i doubt anyone will be there on new years day plus im in he uk and dont een know if here are any service centers here?

Wii and Internet

Well I have a problem I just can't shake. I just bought a Linksys wireless G router. The pc is wired and the Wii is wireless. When the Wii is not connected it works fine. Once I connect the Wii, both the pc and wii work for a while. Then after about 5 hrs or so, neither can connect to the internet. I updated the firmware for the router and it still didnt help. Thiis seems like a silly question but am i supposed to always leave the Wii on (seems like a bad idea). Thats the only other thing I have not tried. This has been happening for like 2 weeks now ever since I got the router. Once I delete the wireless settings for the Wii and restart the computer everything works again. Any ideas, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE!!!!:scared:

Ok, so here is one of my main gripes with the Wii Internet

I could almost NEVER get Internet reception anywhere. I tried everything, from turning the Wii, standing it and laying it flat down. None of them seemed to work.

So finally, I moved the Wii out of my cabinet and placed it on the coffee table in front of me.

I got better reception, but the Wii Shop won't load most of the time, and it's bugging the crap out of me.

So, I finally thought to myself, "It's gotta be the router!"

I looked at the router, turns out I am using a 2.4ghz!

Should I spring for the recommended router or keep this one? Will it help?

Thank you.
:wink:

my problem is that i cant figure out how to put my favourite picture on the cover of the photo channel i already made all the updates!!

and sometimes when i make the connection test and it succeds then i open the forecast or the news channel or the shop channel the internet stops and help plzzzz!!!!!!

I got a Wii for Christmas

My Wii wont boot up. It gets to a white screen saying 'Press A' to continue but it wont respond. I have tried to sync the controller all the blue lights appear then disapear and nothing happens. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I dont get the Health and Safety screen apearing just a white screen as above.:yikes:
Any ideas?
Tony

my problem is that i cant figure out how to put my favourite picture on the cover of the photo channel i already made all the updates!!

and sometimes when i make the connection test and it succeds then i open the forecast or the news channel or the shop channel the internet stops and help plzzzz!!!!!!:cool:

and sometimes when i make the connection test and it succeds then i open the forecast or the news channel or the shop channel the internet stops and help plzzzz!!!!!!

Turning off the Wii

When i turn off my Wii, the button turns yellow. It dosn't seem right. It normally is supposed to be red when its off. Any one know why?

? Problem with Wii Sports & Message Board

Hello,

I have searched for the answer to this problem but can not seem to find it....I'm sure it is staring me straight in the face.

My problem is that Wii sports does not send messages to the message board when I get either high scores, records or medals.

It does send a message when I introduce a new Mii to the game and when doing the fitness game.

The game data is saving OK as when playing a sport it will show my high score.

Anybody else got this problem????? Its driving me mad

Black bar with strange characters

I've seen a problem a couple times on my system (once playing Guitar Hero 3, and the other time playing Playground).

A large black bar shows up on the screen and some ascii characters look like they get typed on in the bar over top of the game as it's being played. It doesn't cause the game to stop or anything, but it's a pretty annoying to try to play as some 3 inch tall characters are being typed over your game. I was wondering if it's some sort of software trace that was accidentally turned on.

Has anyone ever seen that? I took a picture of it during guitar hero if posting the picture might help diagnose the problem.

Attachments

• HPIM0576.JPG
    HPIM0576.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Problems with Wii Sports

I don't know if I am posting this in the right place but here goes...

Whenever I play the Wii Sports, the game only keeps track of scores for Bowling and none of the other games. Do we have a faulty game or did I miss something in the set-up? I want to keep track of anything but nothing ever gets saved except bowling...

PLEAS HELP!!

Back