Wii/Zelda rant.. no spoilers whatsoever.

I like the controls. Never played Ocarina and Wind Waker. Last Zelda I played was Link to the Past which was a decade ago for me. I do like the gesture schematics even though it doesn't translate which direction you swing.

To be honest, my first impression on Zelda TP was lame after playing Red Steel. But as I got more into the game and getting more skills, I got hooked and I'm even standing up playing the game! "Slashing with my right hand and doing a 360 with the left. Jab your enemy with your shield and split the guy in two!"

It doesn't feel gimmicky to me. In this case, if you want gimmicky, look at the sixaxis... :eek:ut:

TP took a lot of nuances from Wind Waker and the engine of Ocarina. It's therefore the best Zelda by default.

3mpathy said:
yeah, the controls dont feel gimiky at all to me, the sword play is nice and simple like i like it, and after aiming the slingshot,hawk (i only just got back to normal ) ill never go back to normal joystick aiming again

God its so good just to be able to point and press wherever i want to aim :p

If your so concerned about graphics go by a 360 and stick with the same minotinus crap you have been playing for years, or you could just try having fun instead of nit picking at a fantastic console

its a gamecube with a new controller. i already had a gamecube so basically i paid $250 for a controller. could they have made this console more powerful? absolutely. would it have taken anything away from the controller? of course not. would it have made the games less fun? of course not. would it have given the next generation of games a fresh new visual look? absolutely. you guys really need to get off this kick that you can have graphics or fun but not both. you've been brainwashed.

No matter which philosophy of any of the game companies you believe, you are still getting brainwashed. The Reggie, Kutaragi and Harrison or whatever spokesperson has to stand firmly by their claims in order to convince potential consumers. If they conceded on any aspect of their consoles then the sales would be a reflection of that. I have to admit, Reggie has a lot of people convinced that gfx don't matter, but COME ON, you know that they had the resources to make the Wii more powerful.

I think it has to do more with the fact that not everyone has HD TV's (only 5% in the US households have em) and graphics on standard televisions are limited to the televisions resolution. so really having super powerful graphics solution can be pointless if you don't have a tv set that can display the incredible detail of it which is where resolution comes in.

The wii is two times more powerful than gamecube, look at resident evil 4 graphics, its absolutely stunning for GC. I can't wait to see what can be done on the Wii, especially with Resident Evil Umbrella Corp. coming out.

If you think your system is a gamecube still, sell it on ebay, people will glady take it off your hands.

Brainwash? seriously are you really looking for an excuse that much?

xbandaidx said:
I think it has to do more with the fact that not everyone has HD TV's (only 5% in the US households have em) and graphics on standard televisions are limited to the televisions resolution. so really having super powerful graphics solution can be pointless if you don't have a tv set that can display the incredible detail of it which is where resolution comes in.

absolute nonsense.

This thread consists of entirely too much of you pushing your opinon onto us.

I wasn't a fan of the controls of TP in the beginning either, but warmed up to them over time. Sure its not 1:1, but hey, if i wanted that i could go play Red Steel. Of all the zeldas this one has been my favorite in terms of play and plot.

Gb2GC if you hate the wii so much.

jibjab said:
its a gamecube with a new controller. i already had a gamecube so basically i paid $250 for a controller. could they have made this console more powerful? absolutely. would it have taken anything away from the controller? of course not. would it have made the games less fun? of course not. would it have given the next generation of games a fresh new visual look? absolutely. you guys really need to get off this kick that you can have graphics or fun but not both. you've been brainwashed.

or possibly i care more about my games being fun than looking good... :| if i wanted stuff that looked good id go outside and swing a stick, that stick would have a higher res than anything the ps3 or 360 could pump out... im more interested in the fact the wii is fun not that it doesnt look as good as the rest..

nintendo already said they wernt trying to compete graphicly so how can anyone compare..., you dont like the wii.. sucks to be you send it this way, ill be happy to take it off your ungratful hands. :)

post-1617-1121403702.gif

Yeah I really disliked the TP controls at first but I love them now and they're second nature...and as far as Wii Sports, personally I love it. It sounds like maybe you'd be happier with the PS3 and thats fine....return the Wii and go get one. But it wasn't a big surprise that the graphics wouldn't be as good with the Wii...they weren't keeping that a secret. A system that costs $250 and has the Wiimote innovation is amazing...If you don't like it thats fine but you'll have a hard time convincing people on a Wii-specific board to agree with you lol

CoryChevalier said:
Yeah I really disliked the TP controls at first but I love them now and they're second nature...and as far as Wii Sports, personally I love it. It sounds like maybe you'd be happier with the PS3 and thats fine....return the Wii and go get one. But it wasn't a big surprise that the graphics wouldn't be as good with the Wii...they weren't keeping that a secret. A system that costs $250 and has the Wiimote innovation is amazing...If you don't like it thats fine but you'll have a hard time convincing people on a Wii-specific board to agree with you lol

Lol summed up nicely, its like going into a church to tell people why god doesnt exist.. your not exactly gonna be welcomed lol

the only reason LOZ:TP might feel a bit gimmicky is because it is a gamecube game that was ported on to the wii. The controls for the sword rely completely on the accelerometers of the controller, that is whay it doesnt matter which way you swing it. If you are a true zelda fan, then these details should not matter to you. its an awesome game, so play it.

Zelda feels fine to me. I picked it up and knew what I was doing instantly. There was no "warming up to it" or "getting used to it". I just picked up and played. It's so basic. But it feels oh-so-good.

It works absolutely perfectly, and to be honest, I wouldn't want to go back to the old controllers. Not that there's anything wrong with old controllers. In fact, I love SNES, NES and GC controllers. But hey, why mash buttons when you can swing the Wiimote?

Yeah man, i'd say too bad for you.

I love Zelda, I love Wii sports, I love it all.

Wii rocks.

3mpathy said:
or possibly i care more about my games being fun than looking good... :| if i wanted stuff that looked good id go outside and swing a stick, that stick would have a higher res than anything the ps3 or 360 could pump out... im more interested in the fact the wii is fun not that it doesnt look as good as the rest..

nintendo already said they wernt trying to compete graphicly so how can anyone compare..., you dont like the wii.. sucks to be you send it this way, ill be happy to take it off your ungratful hands. :)

and again, we all care more about fun more than graphics.. but AGAIN, that doesn't mean you have to NOT care about graphics at all. its not one or the other.. jesus

Back