Will PS3 have sucessess in Europe

Once all the Sony fans gave got them then it will just to ****. Not just saying it because I'm all for Ninty that's really what I think.

MysticGohan said:
not less... none... it cant play ps2 games and here in Canada And America we have tax....you don't..

We do have tax?
17.5% VAT?

MysticGohan said:
not less... none... it cant play ps2 games and here in Canada And America we have tax....you don't..

I thought Sony said there will be limited backward compatibility with the EU PS3s. Which probably means less than 50% of all PS2 games will play on the PS3...

Hondan said:
I thought Sony said there will be limited backward compatibility with the EU PS3s. Which probably means less than 50% of all PS2 games will play on the PS3...
nah they shaved the backwards compatiblity so that they could make it "cheaper"

Where are you guys getting your source from? From what I read at Engaget and Kotaku last month:

Software will take over some of the functionality that was originally taken care of by dedicated chips, which means far fewer PlayStation 2 (PS2) games can be played on a European PS3 compared with the Japanese and American PS3 models which play 98 percent of old games. --- Kotaku

According to comments made by David Reeves, president of SCEE, support for PS2 titles will indeed be limited --- Engadget

Did I miss any recent announcements?

Hondan said:
Where are you guys getting your source from? From what I read at Engaget and Kotaku last month:

Software will take over some of the functionality that was originally taken care of by dedicated chips, which means far fewer PlayStation 2 (PS2) games can be played on a European PS3 compared with the Japanese and American PS3 models which play 98 percent of old games. --- Kotaku

According to comments made by David Reeves, president of SCEE, support for PS2 titles will indeed be limited --- Engadget

Did I miss any recent announcements?
yep you did http://adultgamingenthusiasts.com/blogs/age/archive/2007/02/27/europe-loses-hardware-backwards-compatibility-for-playstation-3-is-the-us-next.aspx

I think the PS3 will do well launching here in Europe.

Personally, I believe that the launch over here will go a lot better than that of the U.S and Japan. However, I may be wrong.

You never know with these things.

Only time will tell...and that time is in 16 days!

Cant wait!

in touch with the wii said:

But that article only talks about hardware compatibility, which is going to be out for the EU PS3s, and I know that, but Sony will be using a software emulator for the EU PS3s to play PS2 games, just like what xBox 360 is using for xBox games. So in other words, limited compatibility...

This means that Sony will now more than likely take a software approach much like Microsoft is currently doing. --- From the article you posted...

RedProdigy said:
I have heard that the PS3 in Europe has a record-breaking amount of pre-orders. I don't know how much Sony should celebrate. The PS3 will probably do fine in Europe but it won't enjoy the success of the PS2.

lol what??
I live in the UK and they are getting desperate to try and fill up the pre-orders. The staff in game came up to me and my friends and actually asked us if we would pre-order the ps3 and if any family members were interested.

briers07 said:
lol what??
I live in the UK and they are getting desperate to try and fill up the pre-orders. The staff in game came up to me and my friends and actually asked us if we would pre-order the ps3 and if any family members were interested.
Now you mention it, when I went to pre-order FFXII mid-february, a staff member at GAME asked me if I would like to pre-order a PS3. I said no, because FFXII came first!

However, GAME are still taking pre-orders even now...along with Virgin, HMV etc...plus the game website still says "GREAT NEWS : We are now able to confirm delivery for launch day for all existing preorders. If you have not yet ordered, HURRY and place your order now for guaranteed delivery on the 23rd March!"

I mean...the console is released in just over 2 weeks...shouldn't pre-orders usually be exhausted by now? (I went into GAME last saturday and pre-ordered...Im Guaranteed a launch console)

I think it will FAIL badly.

My mate walks into Game in Manchester, UK and asks if he can have a GAME bag to store his magazine in.

The sale assisant turned around and seriously this is what he said

'If you want a bag you'll have to Pre-Order a PS3'

My mate went 'Your trying to get rid of PreOrders that fast?'

The assistant just laughed and gave him a Bag

LOL it will Fail. Stores near mine have sold 1/4 the amount of Wii Preorders...

Back