Will you get a PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
En4Neo said:
The Wii has an internet browser, seems like misguided parents will only fall into that trap again if they get a Wii.
yeah but you have to download the browser

Axtlar said:
read carefully, it said: "misguided parents" the parents are the ones who bought their children the ps3 and therefore those children will make use of all ps3's features

But I said the children wouldn't want to use the home feature so they wouldn't get abducted.

but by having the ps3 they would use all of its features, call it curiosity or whatever

Major Tom said:
But Parental Controls can block the download of the Interner Browser not to mention block it if its already downloaded.

Uh huh, last time I checked the PS3 had parental controls as well.

Robertking1123 said:
and yet you have a wii.:eek:ut:

Ummm ya. I own all 3 systems and have played all 3 quite a bit. So I think I am speaking from experience with the machines and not being a stupid fanboy like most of you.

You cant compare a Wii to anything but a gamecube. The Wii has absolutely nothing going for it except a new controller. (which is farrrrrr from perfect) That is it.

Lethal said:
Ummm ya. I own all 3 systems and have played all 3 quite a bit. So I think I am speaking from experience with the machines and not being a stupid fanboy like most of you.

You cant compare a Wii to anything but a gamecube. The Wii has absolutely nothing going for it except a new controller. (which is farrrrrr from perfect) That is it.

So you are saying the Wii is the worst of all three next-gen consoles? Ok,

1) Why are you on a Wii forum
2) Why is your sig a Wii remote
3) How can you say Ps3 is better when it has no good games out yet and the Wii does

OK, and what does the PS3 have going for it?
Price (No)
Gameplay (No)
Motion Control (No)
Functionality (No)
Third Party Support (No)
Games (No)
Online Play (No)
Customer Support (No)
CEO's who aren't delusional (Big NOOO There)

The Wii is fun, innovative, family friendly, has good games, and an excellent controller.

Wiinoob said:
So you are saying the Wii is the worst of all three next-gen consoles? Ok,

1) Why are you on a Wii forum
2) Why is your sig a Wii remote
3) How can you say Ps3 is better when it has no good games out yet and the Wii does

1. because I own a Wii
2. Because I like Zelda
3. Motorstorm, Resistance, Virtua Fighter 5, MLB 2K7, Madden 07, Fight Night Rd.3

There ya go buddy. Oh and lets see your Mii channel pull this one off.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyquAXKeEI0[/media]

Sony says HOME will no longer be free. SONY just kicked you fanboys in the nuts again!!!!! With all the money Sony is losing don't expect them to take care of their servers either.... It'll be hacked all to hell. All home does is give you access to other peoples PS3's.... The hackers will sure have fun with this one.

Last edited:
Lethal said:
1. because I own a Wii
2. Because I like Zelda
3. Motorstorm, Resistance, Virtua Fighter 5, MLB 2K7, Madden 07, Fight Night Rd.3

There ya go buddy. Oh and lets see your Mii channel pull this one off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyquAXKeEI0

hell dont they have that same zelda game on gamecube? you should have just got it on GC since the wii "sucks" so much.
not everyone likes what you like as far as the ps3 games and even if they where you have to have the system which no one is buying. and as far as that post with the home feature, lets see playstation make there own games like nintendo does. can they pull that off? better yet lets see playstation 3 make ssb brawl.

what im sayin is i like the wii. i also like playstation but to act like its the best ever with no suporting facts is just stupid. its like every knows your a crack head they see the signs but you still sayin no im not.

Robertking1123 said:
hell dont they have that same zelda game on gamecube? you should have just got it on GC since the wii "sucks" so much.
not everyone likes what you like as far as the ps3 games and even if they where you have to have the system which no one is buying. and as far as that post with the home feature, lets see playstation make there own games like nintendo does. can they pull that off? better yet lets see playstation 3 make ssb brawl.

what im sayin is i like the wii. i also like playstation but to act like its the best ever with no suporting facts is just stupid. its like every knows your a crack head they see the signs but you still sayin no im not.

He never said the wii sucks, he said theres nothing next gen about it. AND he is right. The Wii is merely an upgraded gamecube with a redesigned controller. They switched their target audience from children to family. The wii isnt bad if you dont mind crappy graphics and simplistic games/minigames. Thats all it really has going for it, theres nothing MULI-MEDIA about it.

Also, just because Nintendo has an internal developement crew for their games, does not make them better. Sony has the same, only they dont make games, they make an OS (thats operating system for you noobs). This can also be called firmware. The reason nintendo makes their own games is because they have a hard time securing third party games for their launches. Nintendo's system is below current standards graphically, it cannot handle a lot of the games on the market, there for ports to the wii wont really happen. Developers have to create a whole new game purely for the wii.

Another reason Nintendo continues to develope their own games is because their system is not the easiest out there to make games for. Game developers will always be interested in the most easy dev kits, this means they can make the games faster which saves them money and frustration. Microsoft xbox seems to have one of the most well recieved dev kits on the market, no naturally developers will put games out on the system.

As for the PS3, he was correct. You cannot compare the wii to the ps3. One is a multi-media device with a ton of options, its perfect for making secondary revinue (movies, ads, music, interconnectivity). It is a device of the future. Simplely speaking, the wii is not. This is not to say the wii is bad, but its goal is completely different than the ps3s.

You cant argue with me on this either, nintendo states that they dont care about multi-media, interconnectivity and commication or high end graphics. They merely focus on two things, a wide audience and the art of gameplay. Their current favorite is simple mini games. games that your grandma can pick up and play. Its a shame to say, they started going the better rout, when the N64 had that hardware expansion planned for it. Miyamoto himself had big plans for it. One is putting your actual face within games via gameboy camera. But the rest of nintendo thought that rout was lame and tossed it. The best part about the wii is the controller, and its technology is not all that new.

The wii is still stuck in an old gen of gaming, ps3 and xbox 360 are competing for next gen/future gaming. Pushing the limits for everything. I might add, Sony does have 1. music studio, 2. movie studio, 3. online gaming publishing, 4. a developement team for games. They are planning on implimenting all this into the PS3, PSP and PSP2. And speaking of the psp2, it will have touch screen and incredible graphics.

The wii got off to a strong start due to clever marketing, low price, and a few in house games, plus an innovative controller. However, they didnt create a system that can compete in the long run. Think of it as sprinting real fast but slowing down because your out of breath and eventually stopping. Thats the future of the wii. the ps3 started off slow but is increasing its speed, it will keep running, leaving the wii behind. It has that much adaptability and lastest gen hardware powering it.

one last point, those of you complaining about the price need to realise that both the ps3 and the xbox are taking a big hit. They lose profit when selling their consoles... reason being the consoles have over $1000 worth of hardware inside. I find it funny people complain about paying 400-600 bucks when they are basically only paying half of its total worth.

SO please people, stop with the ignorant fanboyism. The truth is, some systems are better than other systems. As gamers you should like all systems, but dont lie to yourselves concerning the facts.

Last edited:
Robertking1123 said:

Ya I never said it sucked bud. Its just not a next gen system and I am dissapointed in it thus far.

Major Tom said:
Sony says HOME will no longer be free. SONY just kicked you fanboys in the nuts again!!!!!

And if Sony charges for Home then big deal lol. Microsoft charges for Xbox Live. No big deal. Wii charges for final version of the browser. Big deal!! Sony's browser is free. So wucha got to say now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back