Will you get a PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc said:
Not for the money they're charging I won't be.

You think a system with over 1200 bucks worth of hardware should be sold less than 600 dollars? Rather, you think they are over charging us consumers for a system thats video card alone cost over 500 bucks?

Hardware value = over $1200
Selling price = $600
Over charging? = not at all.

Im sure you can do the math. Now if you cant afford 600 dollars then you can just say that, but they are not over charging anyone.

Of course I can afford $600, in real money its £450. Just because I'm not prepared to pay that much money does not mean I can not afford it.

Marc said:
Of course I can afford $600, in real money its £450. Just because I'm not prepared to pay that much money does not mean I can not afford it.

So.. your saying the US dollar doesnt count as real money?

Also if you say your not gonna buy one because of how much they charge, thats insinuating that they are either A) charging to much or B) you cant afford it and blame them for not having it cheaper. You could have rephrased your comment along the lines of "It doesnt have anything that interests me at the moment so, no thanks." Feel free to do that if you want.

Last edited:
For the price they're charging I don't feel I wish to spend that amount of money on it.

Hows that?

The doller means nothing to me seen as I use sterling.

Marc said:
For the price they're charging I don't feel I wish to spend that amount of money on it.

Hows that?

The doller means nothing to me seen as I use sterling.

Just because you dont use the US dollar doesnt mean its not a valid form of currency, therefor saying something else is real money implies the Dollar is not. I wont pick at ya any more though, you clearly need to work on your phrasing of words.

Shiftfallout said:
Also if you say your not gonna buy one because of how much they charge, thats insinuating that they are either A) charging to much or B) you cant afford it and blame them for not having it cheaper.

Actually, you've missed a major point. That being value for money per user. Just because a person can afford something but chooses not to buy one doesn't mean that they've chosen not to because they think the company is overcharging.

It's already documented that Sony are making a massive loss on the consoles which indicates they have underpriced it. However, is it value for money? Surely that depends on the individual. My friend who has one on pre-order says yes, because he'll play on it almost everyday. Personally, I say no, because I wouldn't use it enough. It's all about personal perception.

As for the dollar comments... dude, take a joke :wink:

helmboy_nige said:
Actually, you've missed a major point. That being value for money per user. Just because a person can afford something but chooses not to buy one doesn't mean that they've chosen not to because they think the company is overcharging.

It's already documented that Sony are making a massive loss on the consoles which indicates they have underpriced it. However, is it value for money? Surely that depends on the individual. My friend who has one on pre-order says yes, because he'll play on it almost everyday. Personally, I say no, because I wouldn't use it enough. It's all about personal perception.

As for the dollar comments... dude, take a joke :wink:

Funny thing is, you missed the major point as you so said. When someone says "no i wont get a ps3 for what sony is charging" that is the same as saying that sony is charging too much. Just because its documented that sony is taking a loss (all systems are except for the wii), doesnt mean the person is smart enough to know that.

The whole value vs price is not right in the context your putting it in. You dont refer to how much they charge in terms of non hardware value, rather its more or less not about the money at all. Example "They dont have anything at the moment worth buying one for" as compared to "not for what they are charging". Do you see the difference?

And as for the REAL money, its not a joke. I have been all over the world, especially Europe and i can tell you theres quite a few people there that think anything that is NOT european is not "real". Marc is either a kid or just someone swimming in ignorance.

Last edited:
Just because something has a certain price tag doesn't mean it is worth that. Theres many things that I can afford yet I'm not prepared to pay that price for. I'd rather wait until it comes down in price to an amount I'm prepared to fork out for.

Make of that what you want!

Wiinoob said:
I read the thread about the home thing with the PS3 and you'll be able to make your own character and chat with everyone online and make your own apartment, etc. And it worried me because if the PS3's price is gonna drop and they are gonna start releasing some good games (which will obviously happen eventually) then it could be an even better system than the Wii... If this actually happens I might just sell my Wii and get a ps3... What do you think? Btw i'm not into retro games that the VC has to offer so thats not something to consider for me. And thats supposed to be a really good reason to buy the Wii (the virtual console) .

the charater thing your on about is pretty much a online sims thats all

Lethal said:
Ya I never said it sucked bud. Its just not a next gen system and I am dissapointed in it thus far.

And if Sony charges for Home then big deal lol. Microsoft charges for Xbox Live. No big deal. Wii charges for final version of the browser. Big deal!! Sony's browser is free. So wucha got to say now?

Huh The full version will be free until june.

Shiftfallout said:
Just because you dont use the US dollar doesnt mean its not a valid form of currency, therefor saying something else is real money implies the Dollar is not. I wont pick at ya any more though, you clearly need to work on your phrasing of words.

What is it with you people???? SHIFTALLOUT, can´t you read that MARC means that the US Dollar (yes, US, because there are other dollars in the world, like Canadian, Australian,etc..... Bet you feel small now!!) isn´t the currency in his country. Neither it is in mine. (mine is Euros.... BTW the Euro is STRONGER that the US DOLLAR, hehehe)
Well after putting this right, I´´ll get back to the question.

I won´t buy a PS3, for many reasons:

- Don´t see the next generation of VC in it, For me it is just a better CPU, GPU, more Memory, etc.... (you get the point, right?)

- To much money for just playing a couple of hours (BTW, I also can buy it, no problem for that)

- I feel it will be like the PSP, a lot of promises, and then nothing.... The PSP is great, just they promised more thing that it has actually.

- Having the Blue-Ray disc means for me: Movies are more expensive than the normal DVD. And to enjoy it you have to buy a new TV

And believe it or not: Wii willl win from PS3. Just like the DS is winning from the PSP ( I only have the PSP btw). Or VHS from Betamax. Or even Mp3 from Minidisc.......
Just like I once mentioned, Murphy´s law of the Betamax is here again!

Regards and remember:

Wii Rulez!!!!!

rtr1900 said:
What is it with you people???? SHIFTALLOUT, can´t you read that MARC means that the US Dollar (yes, US, because there are other dollars in the world, like Canadian, Australian,etc..... Bet you feel small now!!) isn´t the currency in his country. Neither it is in mine. (mine is Euros.... BTW the Euro is STRONGER that the US DOLLAR, hehehe)
Well after putting this right, I´´ll get back to the question.

I won´t buy a PS3, for many reasons:

- Don´t see the next generation of VC in it, For me it is just a better CPU, GPU, more Memory, etc.... (you get the point, right?)

- To much money for just playing a couple of hours (BTW, I also can buy it, no problem for that)

- I feel it will be like the PSP, a lot of promises, and then nothing.... The PSP is great, just they promised more thing that it has actually.

- Having the Blue-Ray disc means for me: Movies are more expensive than the normal DVD. And to enjoy it you have to buy a new TV

And believe it or not: Wii willl win from PS3. Just like the DS is winning from the PSP ( I only have the PSP btw). Or VHS from Betamax. Or even Mp3 from Minidisc.......
Just like I once mentioned, Murphy´s law of the Betamax is here again!

Regards and remember:

Wii Rulez!!!!!

the ravings of a fan boy who cant read. l2comprehend. Put your epeen away, and find a lil thing called.. logic.

Lethal said:
Ya I never said it sucked bud. Its just not a next gen system and I am dissapointed in it thus far.

And if Sony charges for Home then big deal lol. Microsoft charges for Xbox Live. No big deal. Wii charges for final version of the browser. Big deal!! Sony's browser is free. So wucha got to say now?

i didnt say you did say it sucked. thats why i put it in quotation marks
like telling a female she is "fine" but she really just have a nice ass.
you cant complian now that you have it. ever one knew just about what the wii had to offer as far as graphics and all the other lili tid bits. thats like having a fat girlfriend then complain about her being fat. lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back