Wireless sensor bar

Hyrulian Knight of Legend said:
The site might be fake but the wireless sensor bar is real I saw in my local game store.

Uh.. did I say that??? NO I SAID SITE! READ!

Of course wireless sensor bars exist..... Who here DOESN'T think so?

Oh, Edit: :nonod::nonod::nonod::nonod::nonod::nonod:

dogon1013 said:
Doesn't somebody make a simple AC adapter that plugs into the sensor bar plug? I've seen some DIY sets.

DIY - Wireless Sensor Bar

I think you could just take the above project and attach a power cord instead of the battery holder. You will have to adjust the resistors to offset the 110v from the wall. I read somewhere you can get more power full Infrared LEDs, so in theory you could create a bar with longer range than the standard one.

Of course, someone also managed to use candles as a sensor bar too. That would make it wireless and smell nice.

LoganSix said:
DIY - Wireless Sensor BarOf course, someone also managed to use candles as a sensor bar too. That would make it wireless and smell nice.

:lol: :lol: :lol: i just checked out the candle sensor bar videos on youtube and the idea cracked me up!

i know that the wii is backwards compatible and all, but lets not throw us back to the stone age! we'll soon be tossing rocks at the screen!

Hey guys, I just bought a wireless sensor bar from a third party company called ASiD (I'm from Canada so this was one of the few available). It's quite crappy actually, it does have the ability to work with up to 100 feet between the Wii console and the wireless sensor bar, but only 8 feet between the sensor bar and any wii-motes being used for gaming. I'm gonna return this piece of **** and I'm thinking of getting the Nyko one, which claims to be able to sense wii-motes from up to 20 feet away, has anyone else bought it or seen it in action, and can verify this?

dogon1013 said:
I would rather have a remote sensor bar, instead of wireless. (no batteries to change, and the Wii can be far away from the sensor bar)

Doesn't somebody make a simple AC adapter that plugs into the sensor bar plug? I've seen some DIY sets.

actually with my wireless sensor bar the wii can be 100 feet away bahah, and it's great for me cause i'm always taking to toa friends house and what not, and it used to get tangled up like CRAZY and it's just as effective

oh and if you want to save money on the wii and double aa batteries get rechargeable ones and a battery charger, i got 8 batteries and it is very convenient, never have to search my house or run to a store for more batteries

I'm going to buy a wireless sensor bar. I hate having to deal with wires. Doesn't matter if it is slightly bigger because it's not like i touch the sensor bar anyways.

friedriceballer said:
Hey guys, I just bought a wireless sensor bar from a third party company called ASiD (I'm from Canada so this was one of the few available). It's quite crappy actually, it does have the ability to work with up to 100 feet between the Wii console and the wireless sensor bar, but only 8 feet between the sensor bar and any wii-motes being used for gaming. I'm gonna return this piece of **** and I'm thinking of getting the Nyko one, which claims to be able to sense wii-motes from up to 20 feet away, has anyone else bought it or seen it in action, and can verify this?

BUMP, anyone...plz?

mushroomedmario said:
ummm well since it's wireless, you could move it closer to you lol, this dosn't affect me cause i'm always within 6 feet from my tv/sensor bar and what not

Yah, but isn't the sensor bar supposed to be either just directly on top of or just directly below the TV???
Cuz the way you say it, it sounds like you could just leave the wireless sensor bar on the ground.

friedriceballer said:
Yah, but isn't the sensor bar supposed to be either just directly on top of or just directly below the TV???
Cuz the way you say it, it sounds like you could just leave the wireless sensor bar on the ground.

then what good is the 100 ft distance between the bar and console be?

Back