Wireless sensor bar

ciper said:
Someone simulated a sensor bar using two tv remote controls next to each other with a button held down.

most small sources of light will work. I've actually used two Zippo lighters about a foot apart. If the flame doesn't have a flicker, it works just as well as a sensor bar. Obviously not as practical though.

i purchased the NyKo wireless sensor bar and it works fine for about 20 sec. and then fails to continue sending Inferred Signal to the Wiimotes. i purchased this item at my local Circuit City and am going Monday to return it to them.

-- please let me know if I am the only one having this problem if so i may just do an exchange if not then i will get my money back!

RcNdi said:
i purchased the NyKo wireless sensor bar and it works fine for about 20 sec. and then fails to continue sending Inferred Signal to the Wiimotes. i purchased this item at my local Circuit City and am going Monday to return it to them.

-- please let me know if I am the only one having this problem if so i may just do an exchange if not then i will get my money back!

I should be getting mine on Tuesday, so you can wait until then if you want and I'll tell you how mine is. :thumbsup:

RcNdi said:

Nyko products? :prrr:
After the fiasco of the Nyko intercooler for Xbox 360 possibly being a fire hazard and damaging Xbox 360 units, I'd try to stay away from Nyko products.

well i don't find Nyko to be a bad brand considering i bought their upper end R/c Cars For years and those are still running some from the Early 90's. I just figured they had done me so well in the R/c Cars that i would give them a shot in the gaming market as well. I normally by Logitech for all my gaming peripherals but the do not offer anything for the Wii and the corporate headquarters has made no notion that they will but i hope they do since i know their products always work.

But if you all actually know that Nyko does a Crappy job on gaming peripherals i will take your advice and not bother with them for that kind of device again.

--friedriceballer I will wait to see what yours does so i can find out if it is just a fluke in the one i purchased! Thanks Man

Hey RcNdi, I just got my wireless sensor bar in the mail today, a day earlier than expected. :cool:
So here's my assessment of it:
I've played Wii sports for a bit, and there don't seem to be any problems with the motion sensing capability except for the fact, it's a bit harder to tweak the sensitivity in the Wii settings than the standard Nintendo sensor bar.
My only other complaints might be that the sensor bar is a bit bulky (it's about twice as tall, and about an inch longer), and the Nyko wireless sensor bar doesn't fit snuggly with the sensor bar stand (ie. it doesn't "snap" into place). Hopefully that helps.

Last edited:
Thx For The info, I will just exchange mine rather than do a return.

THIS REPLY WAS WROTE USING THE WII OPERA IE! Wii Rocks

RcNdi said:
well i don't find Nyko to be a bad brand considering i bought their upper end R/c Cars For years and those are still running some from the Early 90's. I just figured they had done me so well in the R/c Cars that i would give them a shot in the gaming market as well. I normally by Logitech for all my gaming peripherals but the do not offer anything for the Wii and the corporate headquarters has made no notion that they will but i hope they do since i know their products always work.

But if you all actually know that Nyko does a Crappy job on gaming peripherals i will take your advice and not bother with them for that kind of device again.

--friedriceballer I will wait to see what yours does so i can find out if it is just a fluke in the one i purchased! Thanks Man

Um. Nyko and Nikko are two separate companies

Hopefully no one got anything from wirelesssensorbar.com yet....

Nope Nikko did make great R/c Cars as well but i have and own Nyko R/c Cars they were sold in the local hobby shops here in Charleston in the early to middle 90's

Whoa, that's crazy. You SURE they are the same thing? Strange nyko the gaming accessory 3rd party is international while I've never heard of a nyko r/c car.

I think I'm gonna exchange my newly bought Nyko wireless sensor bar. Its capabilities are pretty good so far, almost comparable to the Nintendo standard one BUT (a very big but), there is one big flaw. The wireless sensor bar will always detect motion (ie. swinging back and forth in Wii tennis, bowling, slashing your sword in LoZ: TP etc.) but there are issues with cursor detection. Sometimes out of nowhere, my cursor will disappear.

It seems some of you were right about the lower quality of some Nyko products. I'm going to exchange my Nyko wireless sensor bar for the same one, to see if it was just an issue with THAT one in particular, if the new one exhibits similar problems, I'm going to get a completely different one.

Anyone wanna refer another wireless sensor bar?

EDIT: I figured out using the camera on my phone that the LEDs on this Nyko wireless sensor bar spontaneously turn off, despite the power indicator indicating that there is still power running through it. This is probably why it was defective.

Last edited:
Umm, i know this is a bit off the point, but is it just me or is the wire on the wired sensor bar uber super thin? I move around alot and everytime I have to disconnect that thing and set it up, I get that feeling ... this thing is gonna get pulled from its connector anytime now. It's almost asking for it. Not to mention the possibility of it getting cut (getting stuck under a chair or tv closet/cupboard door or sth like that).

I don't see why anyone would need a wireless sensor bar because the standard one already has a very long wire. I have a large TV and I still have no problem with the wire length. Wireless things are always cool, but unless there is some special situation it seems that a standard one would work just fine.

Back