worst game ever

dave mirra on wii! go rent it if you dont beleieve me. i took it back within the hour and said it was the worst game ever and the manager let me rent a different one for free lol.

Still gotta be E.T. for Atari...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_(Atari_2600)

It helped push the Video Game crash,Made more games than consoles!
Thousands of them were burried in New Mexico, they couldn't even give them away!

I mean come on does this look fun?
ET2600-Pit.gif

260px-ET2600-JD.png

Picture of the landfill they dumped these games...

180px-AtariLandfill.jpg

The best part of the game WAS the intro thats it... ha ha I also have about 20 or so copies still if anyone has an atari and wants it you can have it for the cost of a stamp..lol

ET2600-TheBestPart.png

I tend to refer to this as a pretty comprehensive list of the worst games ever made along with pretty good reasoning as to why.

ET is indeed the worst game of all time. Instruction booklets might tell you what you're supposed to do but that doesn't mean it will help. If you've never played it, you have no idea how incredibly bad this game is. From the linked article:

This game was so bad it actually destroyed the life of the Atari 2600. The Atari 2600 had a game where General Custer raped Indians tied to cactuses, and THAT couldn't kill the system. Here's how E.T. did it: most of the gameplay was E.T. trying to escape from scientists and jumping into pits to find parts of his telephone. Once you were in a pit, that's when the fun began. If there was no chunk of telephone in the pit, which was only the case in 97% of them, you could leave by stretching out ET's neck until he slowly, SLOWLY floated up. This was the most satisfying part of the game since it looked like an invisible monster was trying to tear his head off.

When you make it to the top of the pit, which if you started in 1983 should be about... NOW, you have a fraction of a second window to immediately stop making ET's head stretch. This is important. If you miss it, he'll fall right back in and you have to start the floating process all over. Don't worry, practice and timing can make you a master of exiting a pit, and then you'll only fall back into the same one seven or eight times. Of course, that just means seven or eight more times the FUN!

EDIT: To be fair, I did find a ROM hack while ago that made ET getting out of the pit a bit more forgiving. That took it from the worst game ever to a very, very, very poor game in my opinion. Second to broken ET and first if only comparing "fixed" ET would be Zelda: Wand of Gameleon for the CD-i. The other Zelda game for CD-i that actually played like a Zelda game was pretty decent.

Last edited:
Frogger was awsome... for the time... which frogger are you talking about there are atleast 20 different versions of the "real frogger"

Back