Would you hack to stop other hackers?

Epsil0n

[+] Member
Jun 29, 2011
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Let's say you're in the middle of an intense match of TC.

Then some stupid lvl 10 dude comes in and starts blasting your entire team away with his masterton.

Now, the thing is, would YOU hack, only if there's a hacker in the game, to totally piss off the hacker and make him rage-quit?
(then turn off your hacks...)

I've been thinking about that...

Personally, I'd hack to give myself higher-lvl weapons to wipe out the hacker...then turn them off when he rage-quits.

Discuss.

Personally, I wouldn't hack back at them, aside from using the radar hack it would be hard to keep the team of the hacker relatively unscathed from your hacks. Then they would view you as just as bad as he is. As for giving yourself the higher leveled weapons I find it more satisfying when i kill them with the weapons they dropped. Now what would tempt others to hack is if they ran into a hacker that was actually good and knows how to hit the broad-side of a barn, do you hack because your losing to said hacker, or do you just leave your teammates to fend for themselves as you leave the game to join your friend's party?

Ahah, this is something interesting to discuss.

For me, it'd depend on the hacks you could use. Like Zanapher said, the normal players stuck with the hacker are definitely going to get caught in the resulting nastiness of a duel between hacks. Thus, if there was a way to "map" players as targets of hacks via button combinations to disable their weaponry as Volcarona mentioned, I'd gladly look into doing so. :lol:

Of course, I doubt such hacks would work very well non-client side. And the hacker could even counter with the same hacks, so whoever leaves first would probably have their hacks rendered ineffective, making it a tiresome and annoying stall war with nothing happening. Hacks have a lot of technical **** to deal with, particularly when affecting something not client side.

Although, I wouldn't doubt there'd be a way to program a "kick" hack to send the hackers packing. It can't be abused as terribly as most hacks would be by malicious hackers, and is the perfect counter method for said hackers.

Well, the hackers i've encountered never put infinite health, so I guess god mode might work...kill noone else but the hacker.

Yeh i would to be honest because for one i don't like hackers they just need to learn the rules of the game and play fair so YEAH :mad5:

I would be afraid though, is that it might promote more hacking...

^^^ In short, us legit players can never win when it comes to facing hackers... =/ We can win a battle, but the war will never lean in our favor.

Very true. But we can still do stuff to piss off the hackers to rage quit!

I wouldn't hack to get back at them, 90% of the time I OWN hackers anyways. So no need for me to cheat. However I ran across a hacker that kept killing me everytime I spawned from the other side of the map. He was instantly killing my whole team. So I just left. I considered running some "FUN" hacks that everyone in the game can benefit from if I become host. AFTER I legitametly reach my 56. Which I'm very close to, about 20k xp to go. :yesnod:

2d7g7s4.jpg

This thread cursed me with irony. Was playing Red Dead online at a friend's, and I ran into a dick with a headshot mod and some sort of rapid fire mod (or permanently full dead eye... whichever). The worst kind of hacker is the ones that aren't complete n00bs, that also aren't using utterly impossible to defeat hacks. Pride got the better of me and I refused to run away or lose this headshot match, and in the end, I didn't. :D

He ran once after the tides turned for 'em once I was dialed in on getting my own legit headshots, and after giving chase for some time, a 20-something kill streak later I achieved the hacker rage quit I was looking for.

The war ain't over, but that ****ing battle, I mother****in' won.

I wouldn't hack to get back at them, 90% of the time I OWN hackers anyways. So no need for me to cheat. However I ran across a hacker that kept killing me everytime I spawned from the other side of the map. He was instantly killing my whole team. So I just left. I considered running some "FUN" hacks that everyone in the game can benefit from if I become host. AFTER I legitametly reach my 56. Which I'm very close to, about 20k xp to go. :yesnod:
I luv rage quiting hackers, even though they have better weapons than i, they have no skill. only a few times i have quit because of a hacker because the hacker could see and snipe through walls. another was with a hacker who had infinate grenaider ammo.
you are so lucky, only 20k away from 56. i still need like 200k.

btw are you in a clan?

Last edited:
I luv rage quiting hackers, even though they have better weapons than i, they have no skill. only a few times i have quit because of a hacker because the hacker could see and snipe through walls. another was with a hacker who had infinate grenaider ammo.
you are so lucky, only 20k away from 56. i still need like 200k.

btw are you in a clan?

Keep hitting those buttons man, whenever you rank up and get a better weapon you adjust to it and start to really rack in those kills and xp points. When I first got my Strata I was getting 1200++ XP a match(that's in team conflict) with 25+++ kills and less then 10 deaths. Even better xp and KD ratios when I play Hereos with a good team. You will get there.

No I'm not in a clan, I ride solo. I just join up and play with random players on the friends list time to time.

This thread cursed me with irony. Was playing Red Dead online at a friend's, and I ran into a dick with a headshot mod and some sort of rapid fire mod (or permanently full dead eye... whichever). The worst kind of hacker is the ones that aren't complete n00bs, that also aren't using utterly impossible to defeat hacks. Pride got the better of me and I refused to run away or lose this headshot match, and in the end, I didn't.
biggrin1.gif

He ran once after the tides turned for 'em once I was dialed in on getting my own legit headshots, and after giving chase for some time, a 20-something kill streak later I achieved the hacker rage quit I was looking for.

The war ain't over, but that ****ing battle, I mother****in' won.

Props for sticking it out, I very RARELY quit games if it be hackers or my connection is really sucking at the moment with major lagg. My pride usually always gets the better of me as well. Its just the principle of things cause I know I will run into them again some day and they will think I suck when really it was just a bad connection.

Idk if these guys were cheaters or not, but I had to go up against 3 rank 56guys today in heroes. They were pretty good, and my laggy connection wasn't helping. I went on a 0-9 death streak lol. Then I finally got my first kill with a sniper rifle. Every time I spawned I was getting killed instantly. Think I had close to 30 deaths very embarrassing to see those stats at the end. I know for a fact every other high ranked player would have been quit the game but I stuck it out. Played against the same 3 rank 56 guys the next game and made 2 quit then the host quit. My team wasn't even winning but I was tearing those rank 56 guys a new one. Went on a 12 kill streak in the docks map. Good feeling.

Last edited:
There's no such thing as "Turning th hack off". Once you start a game with hacks, you will have hacks for the entire match.
Btw.. hackers won't get pissed off, hackers hack for fun not to win!

There's no such thing as "Turning th hack off". Once you start a game with hacks, you will have hacks for the entire match.

Whether or not a hack is permanent or remote activated depends on the hack, actually. Some games and types of lobbying are much easier to hack because of how data is transferred between players, some aren't. For example, Super Smash Bros. Brawl's unique online system (as shitty as it is...) almost entirely prevents hacks from being used, even if it wasn't intended. Client side hacking that changes data your Wii is processing won't show up on the other players' screen, and causes you to disconnect. This severely limits the sorts of hacks you can use in Brawl, as well as limiting the uses of what few hacks remain workable.

Although your point is entirely valid, since most hacks are never button-mapped for in-game timing (like Mario Kart Wii's "instant item of choice" hack) and instead activate at the start of a match/lobby by being constantly on.

Btw.. hackers won't get pissed off, hackers hack for fun not to win!

Usually the fun for hackers is utterly destroying people, hence why when they aren't winning, they turn tail and run. I've met plenty of entertaining hackers in random matches on (mostly) Brawl, as well as Red Dead, and those times were a blast. :lol: It really is a shame the majority of hackers aren't the type to hack for shits and giggles, and not to troll everyone they play with/against.

Back