Wow, didnt know i had wireless!!!

Im stuck on the screen that wants me to put in the password or access code on the Wii to find an access point or somthing like that...ive tried alot of the numbers and all that stuff and differnet ways like with and without the ":" in between the letters and numbers. I guess i just dont get what i have to do.

What exactly do i type in and is it all case sensitive and have to us the ":" between every two letters /numbers.

Yes i suck sorry!

Last edited:
Well, like I said earlier if you have a 2Wire modem, like you said, look under the modem and try to put in the numbers in (). That should be your WEP key which is probably what you need to enter into your Wii.

Trust me, I also own a 2Wire and once had to do the same thing.

Edit: The link you gave us doesn't work because we don't have your router, so that doesn't help.

Yes, when you're typing in the WEP Key (password), DO NOT put the ":" :)

manred said:
Well, like I said earlier if you have a 2Wire modem, like you said, look under the modem and try to put in the numbers in (). That should be your WEP key which is probably what you need to enter into your Wii.

Trust me, I also own a 2Wire and once had to do the same thing.

Edit: The link you gave us doesn't work because we don't have your router, so that doesn't help.

Well i just tried the numbers in the () and it said do i want to save this and i said yes and then i tried to connect and then it failed. Then it went to the "connection 1 screen" where it says wireless connection and NOW where the SSID thing is it says 2WIRE677 and it didnt say that before, but wont connect on ...am i making progress or what?

So does it show this on your TV...
6.gif

manred said:
So does it show this on your TV...
6.gif

No it shows something like that but the locks are locked even the green one that is the 2wire one.

Ok i click on "search for an access point" the click ok .. and then a screen comes up with a few differents modems that all have locks that are closed even the 2wire677 one is green ,but locked and i click on it and it takes me to the WEP input the password or key screen and i tryed all the numbers on the modem and all that ... i dont know .

I wish i had my camara.

Okay, do this step by step.
1.Put home in your browsers URL
2.Once there, look on the top where it says "Home Network" click that
3.Once you're there look up top again where it displays Summary - Wireless Settings - Advance Settings
4.Click on Wireless Settings
5.Enter Password
6.You will see something that says Wireless Security with a red box next to it saying "Enable"
7.Underneath the Wireless Security you will see
Authentication: WEP-Open (or something else)
Use default encryption key
Use custom encryption key

If the default encryption key is checked then you must use the number in () on the bottom of your modem.
If custom encryption key is checked, then the number in the box next to key:
is the number you enter into your Wii.

How's it coming savage? I know it can be a bit confusing, try following manred's steps, I'd give you more detailed steps/screenshots if I could, but I've personally never used a 2Wire router nor do I have one to setup and test for you.

Last resort you could always call Telus, I think that's who you said your provider was right? I'm sure they have a tech support staff who could walk you through the wireless network setup.

Ok i got it working yeee-ha. Thanx guys for the help, that's awesome.

Great!!!:cool:

Now i can use this 35" ethernet cable for my PVR!!!

SAVAGE420 said:
Ok i got it working yeee-ha. Thanx guys for the help, that's awesome.

Great!!!:cool:

Now i can use this 35" ethernet cable for my PVR!!!

Congrats, enjoy! :cool:

Back