X BOx Live Question

BlueYoshi693

Wii60
May 20, 2007
Wii Online Code
5806-0510-5713-1010
If you buy the X-Box Premium Edition, do you have to pay monthly for the internet service? Because I am deciding wheather to get the core system or wait a while and get the Premium one..but I do not think i am going to use online that much, i just want to play some games.

So if you have to pay for the online im deffinetly getting the core. Can someone answer this please

Thanks

Iv been hearing that the core is a waste. But i dont see whats so bad. I can eventually buy the hard drive if necessary, and the only other flaw to be is the controllers not being wirseless =P because i know im not going to make use of much else if I go for the Premium

You don't have to purchase xbox live.. It's not like it's obligatory.. Oh and when it comes to the two systems it would be best to purchase the Premium System and not the core.

yea im definetly going with the premium..thanks

You'll also get a months free with the premium, so you can check it out and see if you like it enough to buy it.

I believe that comes with every console, including the core as well.

Ahh I wasn't sure if it did or not, but I was sure it came with the premuim so I thought I'd just put that down to be on the safe side ^_^

No, it only comes with the Premium & Elite, the sold separately hard drives don't carry the Gold Membership 30-Day Trials.. (or so it says on the packaging).

There really isn't anything wrong with the Core, it's like all the old systems in the past without a hard drive, and for saving games.. you can always use the memory card. I guess others only find it a complete waste when it comes to Xbox Live enjoyment.

My system is a Core System and I bought my HD separately and I was still allowed up to three free gold month trial accounts.

The Arcade (cores were cancelled) goes for about $280us and comes with HDMI, a single wireless controller and a 256MB memory unit (not a card per se).

The Pro/Premium runs about $349, comes with a wireless controller, 20GB drive and HDMI port.

The Elite is about $449, comes with a 120GB drive, Wiresless controller, HDMI port AND HDMI cable. Plus the Elites are a cool black color :)

Any way you go, you can get XboxLive Gold for $50-$60/13months if you buy it all at once. Well worth it. I can't see paying $10/month for each game (like WoW, etc. requires), but 10/month for ALL games is ok with me.

I'll tell you upfront, the lack of a HDD will drive you nuts. The Arcade's 256MB unit is NOT enough space for many games/saves.

Even my son complains about the 20GB drive being too small. Once you get your 360, you'll want to take advantage of xBoxLive and all it's demos, freebies, etc. 20GB isn't enough.

I've had my Elite's 120GB drive down to about 30GB free before cleaning some old demos off.

I say save your money and wait to get an Elite. Then you don't have to worry about anything except another controller for your friend.

Yea, that's a tough problem. Buy now / play now and worry about space or wait and save up money to get the larger drive and not worry about space.

I think it's going to be a bigger issue nw that people can download games from xBoxLive, not to mention uploading dIVX/xVID/AVI files to the console. I just put Tripping the Rift, Space: Above & Beyond, BSG Season 1 and Family Guy Season 1 & 2 on mine.

Syntax said:
My system is a Core System and I bought my HD separately and I was still allowed up to three free gold month trial accounts.

you get three? I thought it was only 1-30 day trial?

Back