Xbox 720 and Wii 2 Out By 2011?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
In a recent "wiids" podcast, the hosts mentioned an reliable source, had told them that a fix was on the way for the wii in terms of memory and graphics, and it would be on the market before 2011. Could this mean that the next generation wii is only a couple of years away? they also mentioned that the next generation Xbox would be out by this point.

This source may be reliable or it may not, but the hosts seem to trust them alot. The show may seem small and under developed, but they have had square employees on in the past and a Konami games writer.

Source/Podcast

I am sure we will see this happen, theres a good chance it will. Doesn't hurt discussing it though.

I wonder what the Wii 2 is gonna be called? Nintendo probably won't call it the Wii 2, considering the fact they change the name of every system. NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gameboy, Gamecube, DS, Wii....

the name will prolly be named nintendo HD, much like the 64-bit cartidge user was called the nintendo 64.

Dumbass_Luigi said:
I wonder what the Wii 2 is gonna be called? Nintendo probably won't call it the Wii 2, considering the fact they change the name of every system. NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gameboy, Gamecube, DS, Wii....
Uhmm... SWii? :lol:

i saw on like game informer or somethin like that that if it were to be called the wii 2, in Japanese 2 is pronounced like "knee" so therefore the wii 2 will indeed be the WIINEE HAHAHAHAHA

Im guessing that Nintendo will make it HD but a much lower cost than the next Microsoft and Sony console. But the new Ninty console will implement a full body motion sensing (possibly mind controling games (and yes it does already exist)). Im guessing that Microsoft will make just new sequels with better graphics and remain in the controller style of gameplay.

laderer5 said:
Im guessing that Nintendo will make it HD but a much lower cost than the next Microsoft and Sony console. But the new Ninty console will implement a full body motion sensing (possibly mind controling games (and yes it does already exist)). Im guessing that Microsoft will make just new sequels with better graphics and remain in the controller style of gameplay.
and sony will still be around the same excpet prolly a lot smaller than the ps3, and slightly better graphics(if they can get better than that, i'll be impressed)

As much as I like new systems. I would be so disappointed :( I've spent so much money on accessories and Classic games. I just hope they fix the memory problem on the system we have now, and i'd be satisfied.

I wouldn't mind a new console by then. It seems just about right as well, I mean that's not until 3 years from now. That's plenty of time for me to soon get bored of my console(s) and get something new.

Back