Yakitate!! Japan

Taero

WiiChat Member
Jun 16, 2006
UK
"There's English bread, German bread, and French bread, but Japan's bread, Japan, does not exist. In that case, there's no choice to but to create it. This story is a serious, biographical ballad of a boy who possesses Solar Hands, Azuma Kazuma, who will create a Japanese bread made by and for the Japanese people, which can be presented to the world proudly." The sarcastic introduction to every episode describes Yakitate!! Japan to a "T".
I had to make this thread, if you've never seen this and if you haven't you should be asking yourself why :p it's an anime about a very simple concept, a boys struggle to create a bread worthy of bearing Japans name. England has the loaf, the french the baguette etc. and it is just one long rollercoaster ride, you may be thinking to yourself as my friends did when I told them:

"What the F are you on about Darren, it's about bread? That is so lame"

And now when we all meey at one of my friends houses all I get is:

"Have you brought your hard drive? Can we watch some more?"

It has it all, laughs, ridiculous reactions to the breads that have to be seen to be believed, and even later on a judge who's a world class clown literally which the show makers still manage to twist into a emotional story about the boy behind the makeup who's searching for the family who left him behind at a circus performance one day.

Meet the french baker brothers who have sort of merged together into one person :S

Trust me, download it, if you're thinking "I'll never like an anime about bread" they you're wrong ;)

Yakitate!! Japan ftw

Intro taken from http://www.tv.com/yakitate!!-japan/...ll_summary=1&tag=showspace_links;full_summary warning contains character spoilers if you go to look

ZOMFG..... this is the least place i would think of finding another Yakitate! Japan! fan! lol >_< due to the slow dial-up conection i have only been able to see the first 13 episodes >_< but i have known about this for about a year now. its a greate anime, done by the same pple that do naruto! everyone should check it out!!

Yep you'll never know where you'll find us ;) I'm up to about episode 50 odd now and let me tell you it just keeps getting better and better.

Back