You can charge your Ipod with your wii!

andymac1

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2006
Wii Online Code
4756-4340-6446-5781
Yeah I was wondering if the USB ports in the Wii would work with the Ipod USB cable... Guess what? It did. Of course it can't update the songs (duh), but you can still charge it in your Wii.

yeah xbox 360 will do it too...

anything that uses standard bus power will charge/run from the ports, but like you say you wont be able to dload songs etc

-pops a blood vessel- :mad5:

You do know that there ARE other mp3 players besides iPod?
Yes, iPod is an mp3 player -- HARD TO IMAGINE IT ISN'T IT?

But to be on topic, yes, anything that derives power from a usb port, can be used to derive power from the wii.

-waddles away mubling about how Apple has taught America/Other countries that iPod is the only thing that plays music-

Trulen said:

But to be on topic, yes, anything that derives power from a usb port, can be used to derive power from the wii.

-waddles away mubling about how Apple has taught America/Other countries that iPod is the only thing that plays music-
It would be worthwhile to be biased towards the ipod as it has such a big market share.

fueltank said:
Wonder if later on there would be a Channel that could play songs from an ipod....

That would be sweet!!

Trulen said:

<-- Don't have an IPod. But do have a sweet Samsung MP3 player!!! w00h00!!

ipod trumps all
apple trumps all
apple rox!
microsoft es teh sux0rs
niiiiiiiiiiiintendo!
down with communism!

samsung is ok, but apppppppleeee!
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

IPods don't appeal to me. I want to listen to music, so I bought a MP3 player. I don't want to watch tv on my mp3 player, I don't want to browse pictures with it either, even though I have the capability to do so with the pictures. It's kinda like cell phones. I want a cell phone so I can "call" people, not text them, send them pictures, go on the internet, etc.

In my perfect world, a cell phone would do something amazing!!!! It would make a phone call!!!!! Not all the other unnecessary crap. That's what the computer is for. And a mp3 player would play music. Not be turned into an Apple made product where I now have to put on my 4in glasses to watch the screen and look at pics.

um idk bout u, but extra features dont hurt. if u dont want to use them then dont.

A computer isnt as portable as a cellphone. Yes there r UMPCs but there'r not cheap and rnt that reliable.

Astroff said:
um idk bout u, but extra features dont hurt. if u dont want to use them then dont.

A computer isnt as portable as a cellphone. Yes there r UMPCs but there'r not cheap and rnt that reliable.

Extra features don't hurt. But having to pay more money because everything has "extra features" that I don't use, that hurts. I want a cell phone to make calls, let's say $40. I can't get that. I have to buy the cell phone that has the capabilities to text, extra $10, camera, extra $20, 50 ringtones and pics, $10....when you add it all up, I'm paying an extra $40 just to make a phone call!

These obviously aren't exact prices for extra features, I'm just making a point.

Well, blasted all.

You guys did the same exact thing that I hoped you would.

Go off topic.

But this board is more of an "actual factual" board.

So...
Yeah. -close-

The whole idea of "extra" features is that its becomes a selling point for the product and also means you dont have to carry another gadget on you. Say you had you MP3 player your Phone maybe portable console and maybe camera on you. Wouldnt you prefer to have them all integrated so you then only have 1 object to carry about.
All these extra features are just technologies way of evolving into 1. You wont have a phone with extras or an mp3 player with extras you will just be buying a "Daily life pod"

Back