Your Top 5 Improvements you want to see on WiiChat for 2008

Tails McCloud~ said:
Any word on more VIP members or when i0n is putting these plans into motion? It seems like the majority of the frequenters has posted requests, i'm eager to see SOMETHING change.
<<<Is impatient today
I agree. Change, in general, would be nice.

I wouldn't expect VIP members any time soon, as it is not really a priority, and probably not something the staff is going to agree on implementing.
As for new mods, this is something we are obviously fully aware of, and want to put into motion. There is really no exact time we can tell you, but you can expect more moderation for some of the more populated sections.

Prez said:
I wouldn't expect VIP members any time soon, as it is not really a priority, and probably not something the staff is going to agree on implementing.
As for new mods, this is something we are obviously fully aware of, and want to put into motion. There is really no exact time we can tell you, but you can expect more moderation for some of the more populated sections.

Well, have you chose a certain few? You don't need to contact all at once. if you are unsure on some but positive on others then add the positive ones while you make final decision on others.

Well the staff changes be this month? Will anything meaningful to the members happen this month?

*chew yet more gum intimidatingly*

Brawny said:
Hey leve, what was your idea about that love/hate thing, again?
You just made my day.

Yes, I am still backing love/hate boards. It works oh so perfectly on one of my other forums. Half of the threads in the Lounge are already love/hate threads, so it wouldn't even matter. All we would need is a love sub-forum and a hate sub-forum in 'Off-Topic' and I garuntee it would be a success. Why? Because those are the things that members don't NORMALLY talk about, because they are not important to a site with wii as the topic. Why do you think threads like 'Rant & Rave' and 'What are you thinking about?' are so popular?

If you were looking for an actual description, you just post what you feel like discussing. You get loaded with homework? Make a homework thread where everyone else can complain about theres. Or maybe you don't like McDonald's french fries, maybe you especially like your new computer, make a thread about it. The only other thing I have to say [and which is probably the least appealing to mod's] is that on my other forum these forums can also pertain to members. While some people may feel like congratulating a fellow member, others will want to pick fights. On this forum, moderators have no tolerance for fights outside the hate board, when someone is in a quarrel they just say 'send it to the hate board or your banned' and its done. This would surely not have to be used in the same manner, however. If someone allowed this to happen, I would personally make sure they are maintained in a good manner.

Other things
-Options. On the same forum I was talking about, they have the option to change their username [This is a VB forum as well]. It is really a lot of fun, but the only bad part is that it sometimes gets confusing with people who change a lot, but we could request that they put their previous username in their usertitle or something.
-Rewards. It may sound old school, but rewards make people behave. Why not give away more 'special' thingies like Prinny has got, or maybe start a SIMPLE ranking system that changes the color of a person's username? Something easy, yet rewarding.

Yes, that works on dA as well.

I like the name-change system as it is now. Once in a blue-moon i0n PM'ing.

What?

No, it would be a personal preferance thing, like how people currently change their usertitles, avatars and signatures.

That could be easily solved if they decided to implement it.

I'm just throwing out ideas.

Not to bring up the cursed name, but WiiLoaded has a thing where members can change their name on certain holidays they have made up (I found it quite fun when I used to post there).

On the subject of VIP forums...I suggest taking a look at smashboards. They have what is called "The Back Room", where the valuable/excellent posters can reside and talk amongst themselves. Also notice that the site is twice as large in number, and 5 times as many posts (i.e. more active members). I really think it could work here as well.

ssbb_lover said:
Not to bring up the cursed name, but WiiLoaded has a thing where members can change their name on certain holidays they have made up (I found it quite fun when I used to post there).

On the subject of VIP forums...I suggest taking a look at smashboards. They have what is called "The Back Room", where the valuable/excellent posters can reside and talk amongst themselves. Also notice that the site is twice as large in number, and 5 times as many posts (i.e. more active members). I really think it could work here as well.
Do you think it should be on post-count/reputation/vote?

I think it should be everyone with over 3000 posts, or maybe only 1000

I think we're small enough it could be an election basis.

It SOUNDS horribly elitist...but it just naturally follows that the people who've been here the longest (not necessarily me), should know the other, intelligent posters.

A GENERAL post count rule should apply, but not a spoken one to promote spamming.

FRuMMaGe said:
Do you think it should be on post-count/reputation/vote?

I think it should be everyone with over 3000 posts, or maybe only 1000
Having a standard such as 3,000 posts would not go well, I believe. I also don't think rep would do well, as I know a few great members that wouldn't have enough to get in. I believe this "elite" group of members should be mod-selected, as long as they're up to it.

*EDIT*

@ Brawny: I know what you mean. :| It does sound very "elitist"...but, it's not. It's the same way that the longer you've been here, the more respect you have (not in green bars, but in a general sense) and also the more rules you can bend (i.e. Prinny).

Last edited:
Smashboards is not just bigger in number. They are a bigger community in general. Their forum is so huge that certain really active members don't even see or talk to each other. Their VIP section is just a place for those members to come together. In other words, their VIP section is really the equivalent of our Lounge section. With the exception of course that ours has far less people.

Back