Your Top 5 Improvements you want to see on WiiChat for 2008

mushroomedmario said:
yeah if it's mod selected, it might encourage other members to post intelligently
Exactly, beneficial to the community. I'm going to attempt to put this into a high school analogy...

...The ones who are in this special group are the seniors. The upperclassmen. Anyone who's not would be Freshman-Junior (pending). However, the difference is that in highschool you age into your upperclassmenship, in this situation you'd be maturing into it.

*wonders if it makes since*
Prez said:
Smashboards is not just bigger in number. They are a bigger community in general. Their forum is so huge that certain really active members don't even see or talk to each other. Their VIP section is just a place for those members to come together. In other words, their VIP section is really the equivalent of our Lounge section. With the exception of course that ours has far less people.
...Just curious, are you in the VIP section at smashboards? You seem to have a lot of knowledge on Smash Bros.

Last edited:
ssbb_lover said:
...Just curious, are you in the VIP section at smashboards? You seem to have a lot of knowledge on Smash Bros.
No, I only post in the Canada section, so that's really the only place i'm known. I mostly lurk. The only reason I joined in the first place was just so I can talk to the Toronto smash scene, as I don't usually go to tournies too far out of Toronto.

^^ Just wondering if you could give us some insight into what that forum might be like. Anyway, the difference about our Lounge and theirs (your comparison) is that I'm sure theirs is much more mature, no spam, etc. It's cleaner all around. Plus, with a VIP forum for a select few of the members, I think it'd just be...great. There's not really anyway to describe other then:
  • Less spam
  • Much more maturity
  • GOOD GRAMMAR
  • More intelligence
  • Everything that comes with said points (better debates, discussions, etc.)

It is a very well organized forum, and it is kept in great shape.
It is more mature in general, but still keeps the laid back style, where they can joke/spam freely, all in good fun. Obviously though, wiichat attracts way more young people, so we cannot really compare the two forums.
Completely different types of people. We will never be like them, and they will never be like us, regardless of which one people like better.

But, the maturity and intelligence is not just in the VIP section, it is found throughout the forum.

Prez said:
It is a very well organized forum, and it is kept in great shape.
It is more mature in general, but still keeps the laid back style, where they can joke/spam freely, all in good fun. Obviously though, wiichat attracts way more young people, so we cannot really compare the two forums.
Completely different types of people. We will never be like them, and they will never be like us, regardless of which one people like better.
I totally agree. I also think that the influx of younger members is just a greater reason for this section to be implemented into Wiichat.

*EDIT*
Prez said:
But, the maturity and intelligence is not just in the VIP section, it is found throughout the forum.
Again, I agree. But, this is why I'm in favor of a mod selected VIP section. That way, intelligent posters don't get left in the dust because of their low rep/post count. Also, it's not like these VIP members won't be posting anywhere else.

Last edited:
Yes but we as a forum accept younger people. There is no getting away from that, and we can't just shun them from the preferred society. Unfortunately, this is a forum mainly for the Wii and Nintendo. =/

I know, I'm just saying that as a casual, normal member I would like to have "refuge" of sorts where I can be and not get bothered. I also know many other members that feel this way.

Food for the brain, I would appreciate it if you gave it more consideration.

Some recent information from behind the scenes has just come to my mind actually. You guys may just get what you want.
Not a VIP section, but something that will allow you to accomplish the same things.
Sorry to just put this out there and not say any more, but as nothing is for sure yet, I probably should not release things that will just get people's hopes up.

Prez said:
Some recent information from behind the scenes has just come to my mind actually. You guys may just get what you want.
Not a VIP section, but something that will allow you to accomplish the same things.
Sorry to just put this out there and not say any more, but as nothing is for sure yet, I probably should not release things that will just get people's hopes up.

YAY!(in theory)

hope it happens relatively soon and not next year

Prez did you notice this?
Just wondering as you may not be able to discuss it much further.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Well, have you chose a certain few? You don't need to contact all at once. if you are unsure on some but positive on others then add the positive ones while you make final decision on others.

Well the staff changes be this month? Will anything meaningful to the members happen this month?

*chew yet more gum intimidatingly*

Lol @ people trying to slip in subtle new mod questions.
I'm not even going to address any of those. Point is, we have discussed it, and think we have some good ideas prepared. Period. Period. Period. Question mark

Prez said:
Lol @ people trying to slip in subtle new mod questions.
I'm not even going to address any of those. Point is, we have discussed it, and think we have some good ideas prepared. Period. Period. Period. [STRIKE]Question mark[/STRIKE]

plus symbol, as we'll be discussing it later on....once stuff goes down(which hopefully is soon)

(nudge nudge hint hint ion)

Back