Your Top 5 Improvements you want to see on WiiChat for 2008

1. Extra modship - as Brawny said - times (like usually around this time), there is usually a lot more people online then others.. having mods from across the globe would be kinda helpful due to timezones. Also finding out what sections current mods look at. 'cause chances are, some of them are like 'pfff I hate The Lounge :|' so don't really check around there (just an example) then work out a suitable system.

2. Remove Rep - don't wanna have the risk of that coming back into play :|

3. Hide Post Count - or simply just get more mods to delete the spam, but seems a bit extreme. There are a lot of members that spam constantly (was gonna give an example but I'd probably just get flamed..)

4. Bring back James Temperton and the likes, I don't think they're still around.. they were always bringing in interesting essays on the latest news.

5. Updates. Either the code system or anything. I remember back in the day when you leaked information, i0n, about a new skin, and everyone in the world went crazy-excited. Something to look forward to on the site is always an advantage for anything.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
i0n, I realize you are asking the questions about what we would like to see be done. However I am wondering what you had in mind already for the site, or what your thoughts are for improvements etc.?

Wiired said:
5. Updates. Either the code system or anything. I remember back in the day when you leaked information, i0n, about a new skin, and everyone in the world went crazy-excited. Something to look forward to on the site is always an advantage for anything.

Enjoy.

Yeah, there's so many half written little extras on the site, friend code system/frontpage portal. I've been let down by sooo many coders its starting to become a real PIA moving forward with anything 'revolutionary'.

If anyones got any good knowledge of php/mysql or could reccomend someone that does feel free to shoot me a PM - would be really grateful!

if you have a chatbox from xat
there could be mods inside the chatbox so you can ban peaple

CantGetAWii said:
i0n, I realize you are asking the questions about what we would like to see be done. However I am wondering what you had in mind already for the site, or what your thoughts are for improvements etc.?

For 2008 i'd really like to make better use of the frontpage, right now it's a mess. I'd like to get it tidied up and use it as a showcase for the best discussions/reviews perhaps pull in some news feeds.

We'll never really be an 'authority' site in comparison to the big dedicated news sites but theres no reason why we cant transcend all that and become a real premier Wii community.

Besides, the internet is all about user driven content these days not stuffy editors :)

i0n said:
If anyones got any good knowledge of php/mysql or could reccomend someone that does feel free to shoot me a PM - would be really grateful!
My friend knows quite a lot about programing him and his brother own a site aimonpsp.com it's where you can use instant messenger on his psp. i0n if you ask him i'm sure he could help, they've been on the front page of digg.com. They are working on bringing im on wii but they haven't done much lately.

if you have a chatbox from xat
there could be mods inside the chatbox so you can ban peaple

That would just mean more work for the current staff. Also, I don't really think that a chat box is necessary.

Syntax said:
That would just mean more work for the current staff. Also, I don't really think that a chat box is necessary.
Could be kind of helpful haven't a private one for the staff? Not so sure that members would really be too interested in that though..

Another idea sprung to mind. The signing in box is kind of glitchy. For starters, when you view another members profile for a certain period of time, you get signed out. Then, you go to sign back in, click the box to say 'Remember Me,' but if you have a period of time of inactivity (say.. 10 minutes) you get signed out again. I get around this by click to post on any random thread when not signed in, and it comes in with a login box, and you can click 'Remember Me' and it works fine.. but a lot of people may not know that? So just would be generally easier if that system was fixed.

Could be kind of helpful haven't a private one for the staff? Not so sure that members would really be too interested in that though..

The staff chat is where most of the staff discussion goes down...Also, when I need to talk to one of the other staff members I usually just send them a private message and or contact them via msn or aim.

Here are the DIFFERENT suggestions:

1. Official SOTW. [Mods for it]

2. Graphics ranks such as, GFX Team, GFX Advanced Team, JR. GFX Team.

3. Trophys for SOTW winnings ?

4. Mods :/

5. Perhaps regular member ranks such as the members who have over 1,000, 2,000, 100, 50, etc.

Alright, now I'm going to make one for the actual site:

1. Valued Members section. Members that are allowed in are appointed by mods, and this section is not seen by anyone else. This could serve as something for the new kids to strive toward achieving. Also, you could make a weekly-post-limit or something, so that the quality posters don't live in there and leave the new kids out to dry.
2. News Team. Please Please Please Please Please. And headed by Brandon with a cherry on top. There's no point in wasting the 'Latest News' section.
3. I like the idea of Ranks. There would be no begging, because the ranks would be decided by either a moderator's promotion [if there were just a few different ranks] or a formula [if there were to be many ranks]. Could replace rep if we were to scrap it.

EDIT: I'm still all for love/hate boards, but I know you guys aren't xD I love them.

Eh, I'm out of ideas. Will update.

Last edited:
Back