1v1 league start up

*Do we want to put a Win/Loss section for Member info? (I wouldn't mind keeping track)- sure if you don't mind i don't see why not.
*Will the original post have a Member List with Member info? (I would only assume so)
-yes of course
*Who will Members notify to confirm a scheduled Match? Will it have to be one person? More than one? (My guess would be JonRyan or me, or both)
-right either one of us, in a post here.
*Will points be deducted for not meeting deadlines (and if so, how many)?
*Does Sudden Death happen in Timed Stock Brawls? If so, how are we going to deal with SUDDEN DEATH outcomes in Brawls (they make brawls last too long for Replays)?
sudden deaths will not count and the match can go either of two ways(let me know which you like best) both players will get 5 pts or both players can have a rematch one 1v1 random stage.

also i don't think there should be one stage per three rounds, different stages can be selected every turn. same with characters you can switch when ever you want(kinda like pokemon :])

btw i think if this league works and gets more people (not sure this will happen because wii chat is kinda dead nowadays) then the matches required a month will be moved up to 2.

hmm i also think we need some type of table for both the ranking system and scheduling system. i would do it but i'm not too good with my html anymore.
if not we will just use underscores and I's ha ha.

All those answers sound good.

I like the rematch idea for Sudden Death better. That way we'll still have video. Yeah, I was okay with the character thing...I just forgot to update that part, haha. Multiple stages sounds doable, but do multiple stage choices need to be decided beforehand? We're allowing any stage, after all.

Even though WiiChat isn't as packed as it was, I have faith in this League. Brawl Tournament was too intimidating and complicated, 2v2 fun is difficult in terms of setting up matches, and no one visits the online gaming section. 1v1 is where the attention is, it's simplest for matchmaking, and the fact that this is a league means people won't get intimidated. The videos should attract people, as well. Godwind's league was getting popular until WiiChat crashed and he never brought it back.

I think we'll need a YouTube account for the videos, by the way.

Last edited:
is everybody just going to ignore the brawl ladder i made in the online gaming section?

Yes because it sucks balls and leaves a real sore spot for weeks.

Anyways, good luck to you guys hosting the league.

I think we'll need a YouTube account for the videos, by the way.

I do already have my own Youtube account, but it'd probably be better to use an official one that more than one of us could know the password to, right? And a name befitting our cause? Seems like Godwind can help with that. Or do you guys think we should use a different name? Doesn't really matter to me.

Just use Godwind's account.

Hey Godwind, can you PM the password to me, real-o and JonRyan?

I think one of my questions was missed. I'll ask it again.

All those answers sound good.

I like the rematch idea for Sudden Death better. That way we'll still have video. Yeah, I was okay with the character thing...I just forgot to update that part, haha. Multiple stages sounds doable, but do multiple stage choices need to be decided beforehand? We're allowing any stage, after all.

No worries, man. And alright.

Revised Rules:

Membership Guidelines

To declare yourself a member, you must provide:
-Wiichat Username
-Brawl Username (The name you use on Brawl online)
-Brawl Friend code
-Wii code
-Time Zone

We will display your information as shown:

Bio
(BIO: 1234-5678-9012)
Wii Code: 1234-5678-9012-3456
Timezone: GMT -6:00
Wins: 0 Losses: 0 Total Points: 0

"Finding Info" Help Section:
How to find your Wii code:
  • Turn on your Wii.
  • Select Wii Message Board (Envelope Icon)
  • Select Create Message (Pencil & Paper Icon)
  • Select Address Book
  • Record the 16-digit code
How to add someone's Wii code:
  • Turn on your Wii.
  • Select Wii Message Board (Envelope Icon)
  • Select Create Message (Pencil & Paper Icon)
  • Select Address Book
  • Select Register (choose Wii)
  • Enter the 16-digit number and give it a name.
How to find your Time Zone:
  • Select User CP at the top of the screen
  • Select Edit Options at the left side of the screen
  • Scroll down to see the selected Time Zone
How to find your Brawl Name and Brawl Friend code:
  • Connect online on Brawl
  • Select "With Friends"
  • Select "Friend Roster"
  • The code is the 12-digit code next to your Brawl name at the top of the screen.
How to add someone's Brawl Friend code:
  • Connect online on Brawl
  • Select "With Friends"
  • Select "Friend Roster"
  • Select "Enter Brawl Code"
  • Input the 12-Digit code and enter the Brawl name (if you don't have the name, put in anything you want)

Pre-Match Guidelines

-Players are responsible for challenging each other. Once the players agree, Bio or JonRyan must be notified by posting in this thread or PMing them directly.
-When planning a match, the two of you must agree on these factors:
  • The time both of you will meet online (also remember that both of you might have different time zones)
  • The stage or stages intended for use in the Brawls
  • If Items (including Smash Balls) will or will not be used
  • Who will be responsible for saving and sending video
-At least one challenge every month. If you can't make deadline and need a delay, PM the host in advance (after the delay deadline, you will be expected to resume with the fixed month-by-month deadlines).
-Failure to play in a timely manner will result in a deduction of 5 points for both players.
-You MUST be prepared to save your video immediately after the match ends.​

Match Guidelines

-All challenges will be best 2 out of 3 1v1 Brawls.
-3 stock.
-Items or no items will be agreed by the players.
-Agreed stage will be used.
-3-minute time (unrestricted time are each optional if you have a camera yourself, but it must be recorded and sent).
-Brawls that come down to SUDDEN DEATH will not count and a new Brawl must be played to replace it.
-Saving and sending match video is mandatory.

How to Send Brawl Video with the Wii
  • First, you must give Real-o your Wii Friend code. (Go to "Member Guidelines" to figure out of to fine your Wii code). Then add his Wii code.
  • After you end a 3-minute game, it will bring you to the Winner splash screen. When it shows your stats after you hit a button once, there will be a button at the bottom of the screen that says "Replay" next to it. Hit that button and it will ask you to save.
  • Select Yes and select the Wii for the storage medium.
  • When you are ready to send the video, exit Brawl online and go to the "Vault". It will have a record of your Replays.
  • Scroll to your video and select "Send".
  • If you saved real-o's code (and he saved yours), then his name should be listed as one of the people you can send it to.
  • Send it!

How to Send Brawl Video with the SD Card
  • First, you need two things: A SD Card and a USB SD Card reader. I assume you already have a computer with USB ports.
  • After you end a 3-minute game, it will bring you to the Winner splash screen. When it shows your stats after you hit a button once, there will be a button at the bottom of the screen that says "Replay" next to it. Hit that button and it will ask you to save.
  • Select Yes and select the SD Card for the storage medium.
  • When you are ready to send the video, take your SD card out of your Wii and put it into a USB card reader for your computer.
  • Scroll to your video on your computer and Upload it on a video hosting site.
  • Send it to real-o on WiiChat through a Private Message.

Point System

-One Brawl win in a "best 2 out of 3 Brawls" Match is 10 points.
-One loss is worth 0 points.
-A win through cheap tactics (decided by hosts) will still be recorded as a win, but the cheap winner's 10 points will instead be evenly divided (5 points given to the winner and loser).
-Only those who run the League determine how points are given.
-Wins and Losses and Point Totals will also be recorded alongside points in the Member List.
-As said before, failure to play in a timely manner will result in a deduction of 5 points for both players.

-Match Reward Examples:
  • Bio vs. JonRyan match results are 2-to-1. Bio gets 20 points (2 wins, 1 losses added). JonRyan gets 10 pts (1 win, 2 losses added).
  • Bio vs. JonRyan match results are 0-to-2. Bio gets 0 points (2 losses added). JonRyan gets 20 pts (2 wins added).
  • Bio vs. JonRyan match results are 2-to-1. Bio gets 25 pts (2 wins, 1 loss added). JonRyan gets 5 points (1 win, 2 losses added). The League Host(s) decided JonRyan was using cheap tactics in the match he won so JonRyan's expected 10-point win points were divided. 5 of those points went to Bio and the other 5 go to JonRyan.

-Your score will be updated on the Member List in the original post.
Stages

-All stages are open for play. Remember, both you and the opponent must agree with any stages intended to be used prior to starting a match.​

Characters

-All characters are open for play. Remember, no cheapness. The videos will be surveyed.
-Character choice doesn't have to be consistent. Multiple characters can be selected across the 2 or 3 Brawls.​

I am glad to say I don't have any more questions to ask. Just look it over and if there aren't any more suggestions (and if real-o is ready to go), we can get this thing started.

Last edited:
No worries, man. And alright.

Revised Rules:

I am glad to say I don't have any more questions to ask. Just look it over and if there aren't any more suggestions (and if real-o is ready to go), we can get this thing started.

Rules look good Bio. I'm not quite ready to start making the videos, I haven't gotten the video capture device yet. But that doesn't mean we have to wait to start this league; as long as the replays are sent, I can still make the videos later when I get the capture device. I'm planning to go to a store today to see if they have the one I want, if not I'm gonna order it online, which would likely take another week to get to me. I'll post again when I know the deal.

Alright, sounds good.

Looks like we can get this League going, Jon. It might be easier to start a new thread so that the Rules and Member List can be the first posts (and people will know it has begun). If we do it, you can start the thread if you want, and I'll 2nd post with the Member List, since I'll be keeping that updated.

Back