Abortion: Right or Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProShooter

WiiChat Member
Aug 8, 2007
What are your thoughts on it? Do you feel it's right or wrong? If so, why?

Personally I don't think it's fair to the baby, if something has the ability to become a living breathing human being and you decide to end it's life when their are options for adoption/foster homes, it makes it really stupid.

Well that's my take on it, what about you guys?

____
Remember not everyone will agree with you!

When I was doing an assignment on abortion, I found these statistics:

2% of abortions are because of woman being raped.

5% are because it risked the mothers health.

the other 93% are just going on because people don't want the baby.

So for the 7% that actually need it, 93% are just doing it as a form of birth control.

Completely against it under any circumstances. Even if the baby is conceived from rape or incest, it could at least be put up for adoption.

Completely against it under any circumstances. Even if the baby is conceived from rape or incest, it could at least be put up for adoption.
I hate men sometimes. Anything else I want to say involves a lot of asterisks, so I'll leave it there.

I'm against abortion, but for killing babies.

fanafaabe.jpg

From my post on Ninstation:

It should be freely available for anyone, at least up to 24 weeks or so. I don't consider embryos to be truly alive like humans are, so a woman should have the right to decide for herself.

I'm for abortion. I can't see any situation in which a woman should be forced to taking a baby to term. Whether it was rape, incest, accidental, or other, the woman should have the final decision on the matter.

I'm just a very anti-killing person, abortion-wise or not.

Oh boy..

Last edited:
I'm just a very anti-killing person, abortion-wise or not. :)

Perhaps if you were a 15 year old virgin who planned to save herself but then were brutally raped at gunpoint, you'd feel differently :)

Aww Syntax, you edited it :|

Last edited:
Abortion should remain legal.

I think 24 weeks is the limit, I would like to see that changed. Once there's a heartbeat then I consider it to be murder. Although, if there was any danger to the mother, then I think that this option should be available. I don't think that it could possibly take that long for someone to make a decision on this, if you're really not sure, act on it and get it sorted out.

Women have it very difficult though, men do not have to go through those nine months. If you're a teenager that's terrified, it wouldn't help knowing that everyone in the street that passes you thinks you're just a whore. Obviously, if you don't go through the right precautions, then I'll think less of you. Even then, I think that women should have the right to abort. Learn from it.

In the situation where the man wants to keep the baby... No, they can do whatever influence they please. They have a right to influence the woman's decision, but definitely not the final as they're not experiencing it. Agreement to protected sex is different, it clearly states that neither of those two people want kids. Everyone knows that the woman has the major decision in this.

I'm not all for "Hey, yay, let's all slaughter babies as often as they want!" because adoption is encouraged, but I don't think that anyone should be looked down upon for aborting... unless you are an idiot that sleeps around and doesn't know what protection is. Adoption isn't always a satisfying option for anyone. There are discussions with nurses available to lecture you into the best methods of protection the next time around.

Eh. I'll stop talking.

I believe that there should be more strict guidelines as to at what point you can no longer have an abortion in your pregnancy, but the option for abortion in general should remain available.

I remember my debate threads, they probably got deleted in the crash but they had some good quotes regarding this.

Completely against it under any circumstances.

[STRIKE]You're stupid.

I think I'll leave it at that.[/STRIKE]

That was a very stupid thing to say.

I could make you admit that you're wrong with a plethora of examples, but I think I'll leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back