Abortion: Right or Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread again? Didn't we suck this dry before the forum crashed?

I have compiled three common arguments against abortion. Debate as necessary. :)

"Boethiah, when a man and a woman have sex, the baby is in the womb!"

The fetus inside the mother is exactly what the name says it is. It's a FETUS. It's just a collection of cells. Before a certain point, an Abortion should be legal. You won't be terminating a child, you will be terminating a bunch of cells. ( For example, if you're 8 1/2 months pregnant and decide for an abortion, tough toenails, it's already developed into a child)

Pfft. :prrr: What does that even mean? If I don't impregnate a woman right now, I am ruining the potential for a baby. The fetus cannot think for itself before a certain point. You won't be killing anything that's human yet.

Good for you, but why should your religion control everyone else?

Thank you kindly.

I like you. I don't truly recognize you from the old WiiChat, but I think we can have many happy debates together.

I personally feel that abortion should not be allowed, unless the woman in question has been raped or cannot cope with it financially.

I hate the fact that most teenagers nowadays seem to use it as a way to erase their past and carry on having casual sex, without protection.

What does that even mean? Coping with it financially? If a restraint like that were to be put in place, how owuld that solve anything? If you make less than x amount of money per year, you can have an abortion, but anything above that, you have to have the child? It's way too unspecific.

For the other 93%, I'd say either have it and put it up for adoption, or
use the morning after pill. It's still murder in my eyes, but at least it's discrete, and not publicly funded.
Why would someone go through nine months of carrying child, then give birth to that child, just to give it away?

I don't see Abortion as murder. You're terminating something that doesn't think.
I like you. I don't truly recognize you from the old WiiChat, but I think we can have many happy debates together.
Here's to the future :)

What does that even mean? Coping with it financially? If a restraint like that were to be put in place, how owuld that solve anything? If you make less than x amount of money per year, you can have an abortion, but anything above that, you have to have the child? It's way too unspecific.
I should have been more specific.

I was referring to the change in a couple's financial situation before and after they decided to have a baby. If their income decreases as a result of a major incident such as the loss of their highly paid job or something similar, then they may feel that a baby will not be properly cared for in their current situation.

I should have been more specific.

I was referring to the change in a couple's financial situation before and after they decided to have a baby. If their income decreases as a result of a major incident such as the loss of their highly paid job or something similar, then they may feel that a baby will not be properly cared for in their current situation.

Deciding to have a baby is different from sex. If I was planning on a baby, I would probably make sure I was ready for it. Most people get abortions because of unplanned pregnancies.

I go both ways with this issue. To me, it should depend on what the mother feels is best to do. If she doesn't want an abortion, then put the baby up for adoption. If she does want an abortion, she needs to know if it's the right decision or not.

If I was a woman and gotten pregnent. Fair enough my mistake but you should be granted to chance to abort and learn from your mistakes. Than paying the price and being (in most cases) an inept parent

I personally feel that abortion should not be allowed, unless the woman in question has been raped or cannot cope with it financially.

I hate the fact that most teenagers nowadays seem to use it as a way to erase their past and carry on having casual sex, without protection.

Byu, you know I love you, but I reeeeeally disagree with you here. "Most teenagers"? I don't know a single teenager who has had an abortion and gone on having unprotected sex... the emotional baggage of having an abortion is huge! But I believe that the fully developed human of the mother (and the father, too) has more rights than the unfeeling, unsensing bundle of cells that they have created... so she should be able to choose.

Indeed. But I think everyone should remember I was very much for abortion. So I think I should just stay out of it, no matter how tempting. Plus, AndThen? does an good enough job debating for the Aussies.

Off Topic:
Elopez why in your avatar does the black man lose? tut tut tut :D

On Topic:
I go both ways with this issue. To me, it should depend on what the mother feels is best to do. If she doesn't want an abortion, then put the baby up for adoption. If she does want an abortion, she needs to know if it's the right decision or not.

Yeah I agree there. The father shouldn't really have a decision in the abortion unless they're married (Which usually isn't the case, the two people aren't usually together)
It's when she decides to have the abortion that the father should come in as the mother obviously feels it's the right choice

Elopez why in your avatar does the black man lose? tut tut tut

Off Topic:
HAHA I never noticed it that way. Lol. Now I'm going to change it.

Yeah I agree there. The father shouldn't really have a decision in the abortion unless they're married (Which usually isn't the case, the two people aren't usually together)
It's when she decides to have the abortion that the father should come in as the mother obviously feels it's the right choice

On Topic:
You are right. In a lot of abortion cases, the father isn't even present when there is a decision to be made.

Last edited:
Byu, you know I love you, but I reeeeeally disagree with you here. "Most teenagers"? I don't know a single teenager who has had an abortion and gone on having unprotected sex... the emotional baggage of having an abortion is huge! But I believe that the fully developed human of the mother (and the father, too) has more rights than the unfeeling, unsensing bundle of cells that they have created... so she should be able to choose.

Everybody says that the main reason abortion is caused is because the Mother is not "ready".
If your ready to have sex and deal with the consequences, than you should be ready to have a child. You wouldn't even move out and take care of it by yourself , you would still be living in your father and mother's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back