All Things Hockey

I don't exactly know when he will be leaving for Florida.. I don't think that it has been mentioned..

oh i see. all i know is that when he does leave he wont be back until they play tampa.

Devils beat Buffalo in a shootout. AGAIN. hahahah. ugliest game they've played all year. 2 very garbage goals early for buffalo put the devils down 2-0. Buffalo hit the post about a bagillion times but never could put in that 3rd goal. Devils make it 2-1 at end of 2nd. tie it with 1:07 left in 3rd. Parise scored a very smooth goal in the shootout and Elias put it five hole after faking the shot he took and scored on in the previous shootout against Miller. Madden got cut by a skate and left the game. the whole 2nd-3rd i was saying to myself. they have to tie this game, its gotta go to a shootout just like the other two. and it did. i was extremely happy.

Nice. The Canucks just beat the St. Louis Blues in the shootout. Markus Naslund scored and Edler scored in the shootout while Luongo kept the Blues from scoring.

Rangers need to beat the Penguins tonight and the Devils need to find a way to beat the Islanders wednesday night. i dont remember if i mentioned it but im going to the devils panthers game friday night.

other news...Dany Heatley injured his shoulder and is out for 6 weeks.

Some news on Curtis Joseph:

Travel NHL Rumors CuJo watch down to two teams
Saturday, Jan 12, 2008 12:37 pm EST

Interest from at least five teams is believed to have been narrowed to two with Curtis Joseph contemplating the resumption of his NHL career with either the San Jose Sharks or Calgary Flames.

Sources told TSN both the Flames and Sharks are keenly interested in bringing the 40-year-old goaltender on board, with Joseph expected to make his decision this weekend.

Source: TSN.ca

Leafs, Rangers inquire on CuJo's return
Curtis Joseph

Curtis Joseph

Darren Dreger

1/12/2008 7:25:38 PM

Sources tell TSN both the Toronto Maple Leafs and New York Rangers have made last minute inquiries into Curtis Joseph's plan to return to the NHL.

New York's Henrik Lundqvist allowed six goals on 18 shots in a 6-2 Rangers loss to Philadelphia on Thursday.

Lundqvist has struggled of late going 2-5-2 in his last nine games after impressively recording six shutouts in his first 29 games.

Toronto's interest may speak to the uncertainty of Vesa Toskala's health, or the potential of a Raycroft trade that would make room for Joseph's veteran presence.

On Friday, sources said Joseph had narrowed the field to two teams, the Calgary Flames and the San Jose Sharks. However, late calls from the two Eastern Conference clubs has slowed the 40 year olds decision as to where he intends to resume his career but he's expected to make his decision in the next two days.

Its believed Flames coach Mike Keenan reached out to Joseph this week to acknowledge the checkered past between he and Joseph was just that, the past.

In the mid-90's, Keenan, as general manager of the St Louis Blues orchestrated a number of big-name trades that led to the departure of such Blues fan favorites as Brendan Shanahan and Curtis Joseph.

Joseph was dealt to Edmonton in 1995, a team who coincidentally expressed great interest in Joseph's return to the Oilers prior to the start of this season as well.

Similar to the Flames, the San Jose Sharks are looking for insurance, a veteran presence to take some of the heat off starting goaltender Evgeni Nabokov, the only NHL goalie to start every game this season.

Sources say Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh and Ottawa also expressed interest in Joseph, with the Senators a highly attractive fit for the veteran. However, sources say the Senators have not been willing to make a play and unless they come in at the last minute, Joseph will be heading west.

Link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=227157&hubname=nhl

In other news, I had one goal and one assist in my hockey game :)

Last edited:
Seeing as it has been over 24 hours...

The Canucks lost to the Columbus Blue Jackets tonight. I was hoping for a win..

Good luck in your game :)

I play my next game this weekend.

Me and my friend in our computer class found this article that i found to be very good and reasonable. (hes a Ranger fan)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=3196519
really if you think about it, its actually a smart move to try and get rid of Jagr for the Rangers. he clearly is not producing the way he should be, and if they wait till the end of the season, then he'll be a free agent and can just leave the Rangers and they wont get anything for him. I think they should try and trade him. and i think he'd fit well with Vancouver :yesnod:

more news, the veteran goalie Curtis Joseph, Syntax posted about a couple posts above this signed with Calgary

Last edited:
Interesting. Should be interesting to see him start in a game for Calgary.

Devils lost to the Islanders for the 5th of 5 tries against them last night. its really starting to get pathetic. and i think the only reason Bill Guerin went to the Islanders was so that he could be Captain. cause they literally instantly made him captain in the offseason. and oh yeah. i hate bill guerin.

Puckfiend said:
We lost 5-2. I had the first goal of the game on a rebound and rang another one off the post..that would have tied it up 3-3.. :mad5:

That sucks.

The Canucks lost to the Red Wings tonight. Roberto Luongo made 47 saves while Markus Naslund and Henrik Sedin scored for the Canucks. The game went to a shoot out and it seemed that many of the players shooting for the Canucks blew it. First, Edler decided to take a slap shot instead of doing a deke (sp), Linden shot low and soft, and Pyatt missed the net.

Well, you got that right. The Penguins lost and Crosby is now out indefinitely.

Back