Americans: Happy Memorial Day

1337endo

Motard
Oct 20, 2007
New Jersey, USA
Wii Online Code
3239-0851-6759-1030
200px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

Remember to give thanks today for all of those who gave their lives for our freedom and those who are fighting for us today.

For non-Americans, have a nice day. :thumbsup:

Happy memorial day!
Having a cookout later on (if it doesn't rain)

Have a nice day everyone else. lol
T6PNg53WaJgH_10082007_105952.jpg

I swear you guys have, like, 100 different patriotic days a year. We have only St George's Day and Remembrance Day, the latter seems like what you guys are celebrating today.

Nevertheless, have a nice day.
I think it's because Britons are not so obsessed with patriotism as Americans are.

By the way, for anyone reading this who's not familiar with British customs, St. George's Day only counts in England. Scotland has St. Andrew's Day, Northern Ireland has St. Patrick's Day, and Wales has St. David's Day. Oh yeah, and Wales also has a week-long celebration called 'Eisteddfod' (my congratulations if anyone except Rach can pronounce that).

Anyway... have a nice day, I suppose.

I swear you guys have, like, 100 different patriotic days a year. We have only St George's Day and Remembrance Day, the latter seems like what you guys are celebrating today.

Nevertheless, have a nice day.
Memorial Day, Vetrans Day, and Independence Day? SO many holidays! DX

Nonetheless, thanks for making light of past lives.

President's Day and Washington's Birthday are the same day, they changed it to President's Day. And I didn't know Kwanzaa was patriotic...?

Thanksgiving, Presidents Day, Labor Day, Kwanzaa, Inaugaration Day, Washington's Birthday, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Pearl Harbour Remembrance Day...
Kwanzaa is an African-American holiday, Labor Day is not especially patriotic (most countries have a Labor Day), and Inauguration Day only occurs every four years (usually).

Thanksgiving, Presidents Day, Labor Day, Kwanzaa-haha, Inaugaration Day-also not really a holiday, Washington's Birthday-same as presidents day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Pearl Harbour Remembrance Day-not a holiday...

Plus thanksgiving and columbus day are not very patriotic.

So we have, independence day, memorial day, presidents day, and veterans day...I guess you could throw labor day in there, but I don't think it's very patriotic.

How am I supposed to have a nice day when I have a huge Launguage Arts report due tommarow,that I havnt even started?!?

If it's any consolation, non-Americans, no one actually celebrates these days. Memorial Day would genuinely be more fitting if it was titled "Barbecue Day" or "Cook-Out Day." The only thing that most people notice about Memorial Day is the flags flying at half-mast, and I spoke to quite a few people yesterday that couldn't even figure that puzzle out.

Independance Day is the only one where most people actually do something (watch the fireworks), but we don't even call it that here. Everyone refers to it simply as "The Fourth of July," which I think is sickeningly kiddish. The rest of them no one really cares about. Their main purposes are for people to create small-talk by sparking conversation with, "We really should have gotten today off for [insert "holiday"]."

Memorial Day! Another useless holiday that does nothing good for me! Sunrise, sunset.

Back