Any one else feel a little ripped off by VC?

it's even more of a ripoff now since the imported games N64 games are 12 bucks now

im still trying to understand how its a ripoff if your not making any purcahses? You get ripped off after you buy something, right?

You bought a wii? you feel ripped off....Then why keep it? or you bought a VC game or 3 and feel ripped off....why didnt you research it 1st? etc.

To much bitching.

i guess ripped off wouldn't be the word but we feel discouraged (maybe thats the word haha) that nintendo is making us pay so much if we want to buy these games when they've made who knows how much off of the originals

krisv2010 said:
i guess ripped off wouldn't be the word but we feel discouraged (maybe thats the word haha) that nintendo is making us pay so much if we want to buy these games when they've made who knows how much off of the originals

This is the way BIG business works, i know, it sucks bro.

The part that sucks the most is we can't really change it either...We could all get together and decide to sop buying them until Ninty lowers the price. But what would most likely happen is that they will just stop putting out anymore VC games. So if you really want to play VC we're screwed either way! Lol

Conan the Librarian said:
The releases might as well be a handfull of shareware from the early 90's........Wolfenstein for windows 3.1 = 300 wii points............Police Quest for Tandy 1000 = 200 wii points.

Wolfenstein 3d? i'd pay 3 bucks to play that on my wii :smilewinkgrin:

I hope these lower priced games send a message to all game companies that $60 a game is too much. VC prices are chump change, when compared to $50-$70(collector editions) from normal games. Everytime you buy a VC game you send these companies a message, lower the damn prices. Or... say hello to permanent inflation.

i say if im dropping about $40 for another Wiimote and about $20 for nunchucks to accompany those Wiimotes about $30 to $60 for Wii games and from $10 to $50 on those darn Wii points, the point cost of the VC games should be reduced a little to even out the wacky world of nintendo game and accessory values

that was a mouthful phew

but i guess having them all in one console is push enough to spend a few bucks here and there on a few games

If you don't want 'em, don't buy 'em. VC was supposed to be a selling point, not the reason to get the system. Nintendo up front long before the release of the console said what the games would cost. Sorry, 5 bucks to play back through classic Mario on my big screen...worth it to me...if it wasn't I wouldn't have paid it.

I will say this, the argument that they shouldn't charge for a 20 year old game...ya...okay. Man, I went into the book store yesterday to get a copy of THE SHINING by Stephen King. When I tried to walk out of the bookstore, they stopped me and told me I HAD TO PAY FOR IT! I said WTF????? That book was published over 30 years ago, what RIGHT have you got to charge for a story that old!!!!! I was so pissed that I went home and decided to calm down by listening to some music. So I logged on to my favorite music service to download some classic Rolling Stones and Beatles songs...NEXT THING YOU KNOW IT'S TELLING ME I HAVE TO PAY for these songs! The NERVE...songs 30/40 years old...who would PAY to own these. Geezuz Krist. What an evil profit mongering society we live in where people put effort into creating something and expect people to PAY for it when they actually want it...especially after time has passed.

I think that the VC games are useless. I can not justify spending $20 on a special controller to play them that is not wireless. Having to plug it into the wiimote and then trying to play with it is just awkward having the wiimote in the way. On top of that having to pay $5 per emulated game is not worth it to me. For emulation I have simply modded my original xbox and added every NES & SNES game for free and can use the xbox controller just fine to play them.

When Nintendo originally released the the wii would be backwards compatible with all of their systems I was hoping they were offering a way to play all the old games for free on the wii or some way of verifying the old games you currently own via serial numbers or something.

For me I will stick with PC emulators or my modded xbox over paying for VC

Last edited:
Biniecki said:
I think that the VC games are useless. I can not justify spending $20 on a special controller to play them that is not wireless. Having to plug it into the wiimote and then trying to play with it is just awkward having the wiimote in the way. On top of that having to pay $5 per emulated game is not worth it to me. For emulation I have simply modded my original xbox and added every NES & SNES game for free and can use the xbox controller just fine to play them.

When Nintendo originally released the the wii would be backwards compatible with all of their systems I was hoping they were offering a way to play all the old games for free on the wii or some way of verifying the old games you currently own via serial numbers or something.

For me I will stick with PC emulators or my modded xbox over paying for VC

But if everyone did that Nintendo wouldn't be able to tell how many people enjoyed Kid Icarus enough to pay for it again, and how popular a remake of their old games would be.

If they do well on VC, it can be good for all of us. I also have about every game on ROM, but would much rather play them on the Wii to support the game makers if I can. I only use the classic controller for N64 games, and have had no problems with it. I love being able to turn the Wiimote sideways for NES games.

Here's my perspective.....now, of course 20 of you are going to waste all of our time saying "quit your bitching, nintendo doesnt owe you anything".

1), I have been totally pissed hearing all of you talk about how if the console goes, the games go......I mean, that right there is bad enough.

what the hell are you talking about?
2), when they were hyping up their product before its release, they said that you will be able to download from the NES library......that is hardly the case.

They never said 'the entire nintendo library'. They said (parapharsing) that it would be more or less the best of on each system.

3) you know, if you release a series of games, and you release them in the order from worst to best, like Contra III, Super C.....or how about.....SFII Champion, then Turbo a month later,

Well if it bothers you that much, just don't buy the crappy versions and wait a month or two for the good ones. Jesus, the VCs only been out less than a year and you've already got 150+ games to choose from.

Try a great TG-16 game for once.

ScuzzBuster said:
If you don't want 'em, don't buy 'em. VC was supposed to be a selling point, not the reason to get the system. Nintendo up front long before the release of the console said what the games would cost. Sorry, 5 bucks to play back through classic Mario on my big screen...worth it to me...if it wasn't I wouldn't have paid it.

I will say this, the argument that they shouldn't charge for a 20 year old game...ya...okay. Man, I went into the book store yesterday to get a copy of THE SHINING by Stephen King. When I tried to walk out of the bookstore, they stopped me and told me I HAD TO PAY FOR IT! I said WTF????? That book was published over 30 years ago, what RIGHT have you got to charge for a story that old!!!!! I was so pissed that I went home and decided to calm down by listening to some music. So I logged on to my favorite music service to download some classic Rolling Stones and Beatles songs...NEXT THING YOU KNOW IT'S TELLING ME I HAVE TO PAY for these songs! The NERVE...songs 30/40 years old...who would PAY to own these. Geezuz Krist. What an evil profit mongering society we live in where people put effort into creating something and expect people to PAY for it when they actually want it...especially after time has passed.

awesome post.

Back