Anyone use the double tap up jump thing?

Atomheart

M'bating to Z Suit Samus
Jul 30, 2007
WI
Does anyone actually have that option turned on, which allows you to jump by pressing up (or double tapping it or something) to jump? I see no advantage to it, and it seems that it'd make doing up attacks really difficult without jumping. I turned that off immediately.

that's the only jump that I use. I've gotten used to the smash bros. style jumping and it just comes natural to press up to jump

i never knew u can turn it off lol.
It gets annoying but i barley use up up thing.
Only use Y y XD

ROB64 said:
that's the only jump that I use. I've gotten used to the smash bros. style jumping and it just comes natural to press up to jump
in smash bros you could press a c button to jump which was ten times easier then up on the unresponsive stick, super hard to short hop that way.

the only advantage is if your recovering and try and jump not realizing you used your second jump already, it takes slightly longer to move from x to b than it does to keep your thumb over b while using up to test if you have a jump or not... mine's off by the way

I use Y also, I turned it off, I agree, it is VERY difficult to jump using that way, unless you've done it for 6 years, I guess.

I use the analog stick, even though to become a truly good player you should use the x/y button (it's easier to control, short hop, etc.) Analog stick is just a habit.

I worked several games both ways, and decided disabling up to jump was for me. Much easier to time my jumps and more accurate when assigned to a button too, as I am no longer accidentally hitting jump at a bad time.

I was actually thinking about it earlier today. I'm used to using up to jump from the original. I'm gonna pull a Guinness and try it out the other way.

EDIT: Although it definitely feels weird that it doesn't jump when I use the analog stick, I think its better I learn to play this way.

Skorp said:
I was actually thinking about it earlier today. I'm used to using up to jump from the original. I'm gonna pull a Guinness and try it out the other way.

EDIT: Although it definitely feels weird that it doesn't jump when I use the analog stick, I think its better I learn to play this way.

It definitely takes a minute to get used to. After a day or two you won't even miss using up to jump. And as you said it's better in the long run. I also find that The Subspace Emissary feels much more natural playing this way too.

Been using the C buttons in 64, and X/Y buttons in Melee/Brawl to jump since I ever started playing.. I don't have it disabled, because there are still uses to it, and I never have problems otherwise =D

Back