SSBM - Advanced Skills: How Good Are You?

^I'd say most, if not all, of them will return. None of the moves are glitches, because they were programmed into the game. SHFFLing is the fastest possible way to use an aerial attack, and it takes a lot of skill. I'd say that the thing that has the best chance of being gone in Brawl is WD'ing, but I even expect it to return. I'm sure airdodging will be back, so what will happen when you airdodge into the ground? You just stop? That goes against the physics of SSB.

Chikupi: Its people like you that are why I posted this thread. Glad to help.

^I used to think so too :lol:

WOO my thread is back from the grave.

I can do 15-trainee

I know I'm not the best yet. I plan on going to more tournys when Brawl comes out. I'm mastering Zelda right now, and it is hard to win with her. I'm sure they'll buff her up like they did with other characters. Online will help me improve my smash game, because I won't have to play cpu.

Your not serious....

(It may be on momentum....but their has to be a way to WD....they must have implemented it in a different way)

Unless Ninty says it themselves that their wont be any WD'ing...ill still keep my hopes UP

:Not being harsh in anyway:

Thats not possible. When you jump, you have upward momentum...

You'll just have to perfect your wavelanding.

CyanRussel said:
Your not serious....

(It may be on momentum....but their has to be a way to WD....they must have implemented it in a different way)

Unless Ninty says it themselves that their wont be any WD'ing...ill still keep my hopes UP

:Not being harsh in anyway:
Have fun kidding yourself. Seriously, pro players went and tested it out repeatedly and confirmed the lack of wavedashing. So, unless Nintendo decides to radically alter the air-dodge physics between the demo and release (doubtful), expect WD to be gone 100%.

I can do em all whenever needed. My shffling with Marth is down pretty perfectly. I can do a double fair with one short hop.
EDIT:Lmao it IS old. Well. Theres my 2 cents.

balrogs.pa said:
i would actually like to see a youtube video, where it shows a real battle between two people. and atleast one person uses more than 4 of those moves.
go on youtube and search MLG melee finals. if you dont know MLG is major league gaming and the tourneys have a couple grand at the end usually and the top players do all this stuff consistantly... at least 4 or 5 have to be manditory i think if you want to be competitive...those being teching, crouch cancel, L-cancel, DI, and edge hogging.

back on topic though:
i got like 17ish but in all honesty i think the most important things to being a good player are mind games and spacing and there's no number value for that...therein lies how i somehow managed an expert rating lol

superkarpmodthreadrevivalpowers GO!

I'm ****in' curious how many of you Brawl scrubs know a thing or two 'bout real ATs back in Melee, where it actually counted for something.

SH, FF, L-Cancel, SHFFL, Wavedash, Wavelanding, Shield Grabbing (this counts as an AT... ? really?), Out-of-shield moves, Waveshielding, Teching, Edge Hogging, Edge Hopping, Dash Dancing, Dash Canceling, Jump Canceling, Chain Grabbing (get with the times, 2007 post!), DI, Crouch Cancelling, Meteor Cancelling, RAN-B, Powershielding = Legend.

That's what I could (and would) consistently do back when I played Melee, not that I was a tournyfag or anythin'. Never mastered pivoting, never will...

Back